1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
that thing gives me a migraine.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Come on guys are we not allowed to at least complement the hard work and effort that he put into this?????????????:confused::freak:
-Jim

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Come on guys are we not allowed to at least complement the hard work and effort that he put into this?????????????:confused::freak:
-Jim
Sorry J, gotta disagree with you here.

Hard work and effort denotes the modeler put some time into researching his subject and taking the time to do it right - at least somewhat. This is just sloppy and contrived. He spent however much the going rate the DeBoer is and turned it into a sow's ear...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with Magesblood, There is so much information out there on the Enterprise,be sides watching the movies for info and hitting the pasue button how do you mess up a model this sides, and the price of the kit. Please

·
Registered
118 Posts
NOW I understand...

Folks,

On that dude's website, he posts this under his special thanks:

"1) First and foremost, I thank the Lord God and his son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for giving me the dream, ability, talents, and knowledge to build this project. For sticking close to me when I had failures in the construction and encouraging me when I was about ready to quit. I dedicate my finished project back to Him."

So...what we have here is the CREATIONIST version of the Refit. Why look at ample available information, photo reference or the work of other, "peer reviewed" models, such as the recent work of Trekmodeler...when you can just believe that's how the Refit should look.

I think if Jesus did, in fact, stick close to him when he had failures in the construction and did, in fact, encourage him when he was ready to quit, Jesus would have also directed him to log onto the internet and surf on over to Hobbytalk.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Folks,

On that dude's website, he posts this under his special thanks:

"1) First and foremost, I thank the Lord God and his son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for giving me the dream, ability, talents, and knowledge to build this project. For sticking close to me when I had failures in the construction and encouraging me when I was about ready to quit. I dedicate my finished project back to Him."

So...what we have here is the CREATIONIST version of the Refit. Why look at ample available information, photo reference or the work of other, "peer reviewed" models, such as the recent work of Trekmodeler...when you can just believe that's how the Refit should look.

I think if Jesus did, in fact, stick close to him when he had failures in the construction and did, in fact, encourage him when he was ready to quit, Jesus would have also directed him to log onto the internet and surf on over to Hobbytalk.
Is there a reason to mock someones religion just because YOU don't like the way he painted a model? Even tongue in cheek, it seems a bit "small". Is his kit accurate, no, should he call it the "Ultimite", no, but he is proud of his interpretation. The best part of being a religious person for me is being able to forgive people for their feelings of me, I hope this gentleman can do the same.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.