1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
292 Posts
That is sweet, and i was bummed when i trashed my lil trainer plane after 20 seconds lol i give that one about 5 seconds and a 2nd mortgage in my hands

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Turbines range from $3000 to $8,000. I would think the SR71 (2) engines would be $5000 plus each. The plane with electronics, retracts and building material.... 2 to 3k.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Awesome! Guys if you ever get a chnace to attend a "Fly-In" for a local club,or any AMA event,make sure you go.I attended one at GE (jet engines)in Hartford Ct. some years ago,and videos do not do any of the planes and jets any justice.Warbirds were phenomenal!!!! Kool thread Kat!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Fun flys are a blast to attend. Racing cars is a second hobby for me. My main hobby is RC helicopters. I absolutely love flying. It is great!!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Fun flys are a blast to attend. Racing cars is a second hobby for me. My main hobby is RC helicopters. I absolutely love flying. It is great!!
The guys that fly 3D its more of a video game(planed move after move) rather than flying crazy stuff though.

Jake

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i must admit i would pay to watch something like that at a fun fly..and your right i occasionaly sneak out to the air field with my brother and it is cool to watch them fly.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I can say I loved watching that, once it takes off you cant really tell the diff.I have seen the real one up close when I was in the AF and all I can say is wow.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I am an AIR Force Veteran, I served at SAC bases in North Dakota and Rome NY. I worked on B-52's and got to see the SR-71 in action when it was a Top Secret aircraft flown only at night and occasionally during the day. Those models in the video are awesomely realistic especially on take off. Once airborne they looked like the real thing. Thanks for this page it brought back a lot of fond memories!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts