Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this flatbed at target this morning and bought one. Hadn't seen them before. Not a Johnny, but makes a nice item to sit a johnny on. Thought it was diecast. Its not. Plastic base and body. The truck is weighted so package feels like diecast.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's actually pretty cool,for plastic.
I'm guessing that it has a screwed on chassis, for the complete footectomy?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Nice, too bad it is not metal. I'll still pick one up if I see it.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car seems to be metal, plastic base. they came in a few colors, red, primer, black, black/blue, yellow. each color comes with different car. Rob you are right, screws hold base on the truck and car. $6.99.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Well, I will go against the tide on this one. It's ugly! Why make something out of scale and "almost" right, when you can just as easily make one "right"! That just drives me nuts! Just make it scale and correct looking form the start. Maisto has the tallent, we've seen it! Oh well, I'll be the odd man out on this one! :freak:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
lets make that two of us :freak:

I will say the cars being displayed are among my favorites. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
A+ for the concept

B- for the execution

I don't love it but I don't hate it. If I ever saw them hanging I would likely grab one.

Thanks for the review nascar4al. If I ever see one, I'll know what I'm paying for. It will probably be pushing $10 in Canada..

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I don't think the scale difference is that bad. The Maisto Mustang looks decent on it. It probably would look pretty nice with a Jada BTM car on it though.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I agree that they could have made it more accurate, and in diecast too. And those wheels...yuk!
My local Target had about a dozen of these today. I only bought one, the one in black metalflake. If I can put some flames on it and change the wheels it should look pretty cool.
They did add 'some' detail to the truck, e.g. white seats with black shoulder strap seat belts (4-point seat belts?), also there is a red NOX bottle between the seats (at least that's what it looks like to me). The truck is light, being plastic. It's about a half inch to three quarters of an inch shorter than the same style Spec Cast truck.
As I look at it more, there are plenty of areas on this truck where you can add all kinds of Service Station decals, to personalize it to fit your diorama.

·
0 Posts
69Stang said:
Well, I will go against the tide on this one. It's ugly! Why make something out of scale and "almost" right, when you can just as easily make one "right"! That just drives me nuts! Just make it scale and correct looking form the start. Maisto has the tallent, we've seen it! Oh well, I'll be the odd man out on this one! :freak:
Check out your dollar stores and liquidator places. Maisto has a line of cheap but realistic 1/64 trucks with trailers that you can find in those kinds of places. The car-carrier version is a Mercedes COE. There's bulk fuel and other trailer versions pulled by conventionals too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts