Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
What is it with Saturday Evening Post themed die cast?Do most people even have a clue as to what it is?Does anyone here read it ona regular basis?Does anyone here know of someone who does,or someone who knows of someone who does?.

Can't count how many times I've seen die cast over the years with this theme.Other then the few cool castings,it all ends up in the bargain bin.

That being said there are a few casings it his release that I don't yet have.Being as I could care less about the theme and only about the actual car,I will be grabbing a few if I see them.

Mike

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
What is it with Saturday Evening Post themed die cast?Do most people even have a clue as to what it is?Does anyone here read it ona regular basis?Does anyone here know of someone who does,or someone who knows of someone who does?.

Can't count how many times I've seen die cast over the years with this theme.Other then the few cool castings,it all ends up in the bargain bin.

That being said there are a few casings it his release that I don't yet have.Being as I could care less about the theme and only about the actual car,I will be grabbing a few if I see them.

Mike
Well, in the hope of answering at least part of your questions - The cars are, after all, in the Nostalgia series and there are those of us who remember the Saturday Evening Post when it featured the work of the famous painter Norman Rockwell. The images you see on this series are from the covers of that magazine and are the work of Norman Rockwell. I would be willing to collect the series simply to have the artwork, having them on what is hopefully a good casting from HW will be like icing on the cake.

There is also the distinct possibility these cars are/would be collected by other collectors than of diecast, such as collectors of Norman Rockwell's artwork, as well as collectors of the SEP memorabilia.

And the magazine was a great read in its heyday.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
To me the 70 Blazer is the only one that doesn't fit the time period of the Saturday Evening Post.
If they show up in my area maybe I'll get one or two.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
The '34 Dodge Delivery is my favorite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts