Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here is the newest Nostalgia rides, now in stock and ready to make way to your collection. If you are a AC/DC, Kiss, or Ozzy fan these will be right in your zone. Enjoy!

Russ
Milezone
http://milezone.com

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ugh Why does the one car I want the most have to be associated with the worlds biggest self-promoting douche? I refuse. Maybe one of the others but never Ki$$. Now those boulevards I'll take all but 2 of those.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I take it this collection is for the kids? ;)

Not a hard rock fan, but the liveries on the Deco Delivery and '59 Chevy I think are pretty cool.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like the A-100...

As I mentioned in another thread, I would like to see some cars with Iron Maiden album art...
like this...

Or maybe some Megadeth album art...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I definitely want the AC/DC ones, possibly the Kiss ones and I'll have to see the Ozzy ones up close before I decide on those but I can see getting the Blizzard of Ozz one.

I'd definitely also love to see some Maiden or Megadeth cars! Those are the album covers I'd pick too.

Some others I'd love to see, I haven't thought of what car models would be best but these I think would make for great car art...

Metallica, any of the first 4 album covers
Motorhead, the Orgasmatron cover or just black with the Snaggletooth logo
Dio, the Last in Line or Killing the Dragon covers
Black Sabbath-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Heaven & Hell covers

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I'd definitely also love to see some Maiden or Megadeth cars! Those are the album covers I'd pick too. Motorhead, the Orgasmatron cover or just black with the Snaggletooth logo, Dio the Last in Line or Killing the Dragon covers Black Sabbath-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Heaven & Hell covers
Somehow I don't see a Hot Wheels branded product, or anything from Mattel featuring bands or albums with names like Megadeth, Orgasmatron, hell, killing or bloody sabbath, etc. Ain't gonna happen! :lol: It's still a toy company, and there is a line of perceived decency they won't cross or parent's groups would have a fit.

I think the only reason AC/DC, KISS, and Ozzy are considered family friendly enough to be featured with Hot Wheels, is because they all occupy the realm of mainstream pop culture. Especially KISS and Ozzy who have sanitized themselves with a reality television presence. It's all a fine and fuzzy line these days.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Somehow I don't see a Hot Wheels branded product, or anything from Mattel featuring bands or albums with names like Megadeth, Orgasmatron, hell, killing or bloody sabbath, etc. Ain't gonna happen! :lol: It's still a toy company, and there is a line of perceived decency they won't cross or parent's groups would have a fit.

I think the only reason AC/DC, KISS, and Ozzy are considered family friendly enough to be featured with Hot Wheels, is because they all occupy the realm of mainstream pop culture. Especially KISS and Ozzy who have sanitized themselves with a reality television presence. It's all a fine and fuzzy line these days.
I think KISS & Ozzy were chosen because they had TV Shows.... Who knows about AC/DC as of why it was picked..... Mattel could of used the Tongue from the Rolling Stones

This line could of been very easily Pink Floyd - Queen - Led Zepplin

or

Partridge Family - Monkees - Archies

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

I know, but I'd still love to see them on die cast lol.

It is funny how AC/DC, Kiss and Ozzy have become so family friendly. I know I felt something was very strange when I walked into Wally-World and saw a bunch of AC/DC stuff. I liked it better when Ozzy was thought to be a very dangerous man. I knew that was a load of crap but at least there weren't people pretending to be fans of his music because they watch The Osbournes. I prefer the Ozzy era Sabbath stuff to his solo stuff though.

As far as non-metal stuff goes, I think Hendrix's Axis:Bold as Love cover would make great car art.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Kind of strange to have AC/DC and Ozzy(Australian and British, respectively) featured on American cars. Would the members of AC/DC even know what a Ford Ranchero is?

At least one of Ozzy's cars(the Ford Anglia) is British.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Ugh Why does the one car I want the most have to be associated with the worlds biggest self-promoting douche? I refuse. Maybe one of the others but never Ki$$. Now those boulevards I'll take all but 2 of those.
I will be getting the KISS castings. Those are two castings that I like fortuantely.
I've been a KISS fan longer than most peopel have been alive, since 1975 when they opened for Black Sabbath, I'm 52.
I agree that sometimes the marketing of the band has gone over the top with some of the products, but when they in their hayday from '76 to '79 the shows were great and the music was pretty good.
Peopel have always said that KISS is a brand, that is true. But remeber that the Beatles had their share if marketing items as well. Granted not to the extent that KISS has gone to, but the Beatles were the the first group to do that.
Enough music talk, I think all the castings look good.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Nice Ones Congrats. I Want Them All.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
There is a lot of great album cover art from years ago that would look great on a car. The Rolling Stones tongue, the aforementioned Jimi Hendrix, etc.

Just don't have a boy band series and we'll be alright. Who's up for a Justin Bieber Dairy Delivery, or Backstreet Boys Highway Hauler? :lol:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
There is a lot of great album cover art from years ago that would look great on a car. The Rolling Stones tongue, the aforementioned Jimi Hendrix, etc.

Just don't have a boy band series and we'll be alright. Who's up for a Justin Bieber Dairy Delivery, or Backstreet Boys Highway Hauler? :lol:
The album cover idea would be a good one but I'll bet there would be a lot of legal issues with record companies and the arists involved.
The rock bands were not that tough I bet because Mattel was dealing just with the bands and not the record labels.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The album cover idea would be a good one but I'll bet there would be a lot of legal issues with record companies and the arists involved. The rock bands were not that tough I bet because Mattel was dealing just with the bands and not the record labels.
That's true. Dealing with band management is likely less of a hassle than dealing with the labels over album art. But then it would all come down to who has rights to what. Like the Stones logo for example which was commissioned by **** Jagger and designed by an art student.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
That's true. Dealing with band management is likely less of a hassle than dealing with the labels over album art. But then it would all come down to who has rights to what. Like the Stones logo for example which was commissioned by **** Jagger and designed by an art student.
The way that would work I think is the student was paid a fee for their work and then signed a waiver for any future use of the art work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts