Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are images of my makeover of Monarch's Nosferatu.

First things first: this kit is an absolute joy, and it would receive my most emphatic and enthusiastic recommendation as a first-kit for anyone who wants to experience a little of what it was/is to be a "Monster-Kid"! Kudos to Scott McKillop and Monarch Models for what, OOB, would be a worthy addition to ANY collection.

Having said that, I feel no particular obligation to build a kit straight OOB, or to turn a blind eye to perceived shortcomings that for whatever reason were incorporated into production. Please note that the enhancements and modifications in my rendition are those that I felt were necessary to realize my vision of this subject.

Those of you who would be interested in a "daily" log of the project can go here. I am still working on the hands, the keys, and the groundwork "accessories". Since taking the above images, I have spot-primed the figure to reveal any finishing flaws: I hope to have the figure fully primed and on the painting bench by the end of next weekend, at which time I will start a painting thread on my blog.

Back to the bench!

Augie

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Augie,I seen this one over at the UMA board and the original kit look great.But with you customizing and making it look more like the movie is Fantastic!Really love seen your customizing work that you do on the UMA board!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Dan and Trevor, for your kind words and enthusiastic response. Especially in light of the overwhelming glazing putty mottling! All that is now behind me, as I have just finished priming the head and figure. I'll post pics by the weekend--with year end at work, bench time is not going to happen this week. :(

I couldn't agree more! It is truly a great kit that pretty much falls together OOB. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and the result of my efforts merely reflects the quality of what I had to work with. :thumbsup:

Thanks again, gentlemen!

Augie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, kind sir! The best is yet to come. . . hopefully. I've just moved the figure to the painting table. . . :eek:

·
Curmudgeon
6,598 Posts
Stunning work Knightowl! The only downside I can see is that you're going to be flooded with e-mails and such from other modelers wanting to know where they can get this kit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Augie (Knightowl),

This kit is turning out GREAT! Love the modifications that you've done so far!
I agree, this kit is great OOB but it also looks great with the modifications you've made to it just like he was in the movie too!

Love it!:thumbsup:

MMM

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
:eek: I'm speechless, not Rick! I hope we'll see on the table at WF! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gentlemen,

You are much too kind! Thank you for your enthusiastic reception!! Now the pressure's really on with the painting! :eek:

Zombie 61: Not a problem. . . :):):) While I won't be able to provide them with the information they are looking for, I'd be happy to answer any questions and help them along with their rendition. BTW, there is a second Nossie that I will start working on later next year. . .

MMM: Thank you, sir! That it resonates as the depiction in the movie is very gratifying.

frankenstyrene: I haven't been to WF in well over a decade, but with a couple of other projects rapidly nearing completion, I might just make the trek this year.

And now, without the mottling. . .

I hope to be able to break out the brushes by this weekend. . .

Thanks again!!!

Augie

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Augie; a bit of confusion between you and me because of the similar names. Hope you make it to WF, ya can never have too many owls. :thumbsup: WF 2010 will be show number twelve for me.

Graf Orlok is shaping up really well! Going to do some customizing on the base as well?

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts