Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the glow pieces exactly the same as the non glow pieces, just different types of plastic? Does primer cover the glow effect?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yes its just a different color. I dont bother to prime most plastic kits anyway... good quality model paint covers glow plastic easy enough.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
287 Posts
On your base for the Frankie: Don't you need to seal it with more than paint? I thought you were supposed to put some sort of resin over it for strength?
I sealed it, but I didn't use resin. I followed the tips laid out on episode #42 of Monster Model Review. You can check out there episodes over on YouTube. Rob & Chris really do a fantastic job with these. I'm a big fan of their stuff.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Really? I had duplicate parts in my Frightening Lightning Nossy...

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Yep...Me too...You can either build it with the Glow parts or not...I bought 6 of these kits and they all have the glow and regular parts:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Hmmm my kit has the glow parts in their own bag and no duplicates. I stupidly sold it last week too since my wholesaler listed it as being available. I figured I could get another. I went to order me a new one on Monday and it was gone GRRRRRRRr

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Believe it or not I did.Anyone else get these? I feel special now.I was actually really surprised by that. Hmmmmmm :dude:
Yeah Biz look at post #7 and #8 ...You really should read other posts and you'll see that everyone BUT djnick66 got them...
Mcdee:wave:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I dont need the duplicate pieces but I stupidly sold the kit thinking I could get another. A friend wanted one so I sold him my kit for a reasonable $18... He is just getting into the monster figurse, and bought all the Revell repops from me last Saturday. Today his PL Witch reissue comes in... At least Nosferatu has a good new home and won't be lonely!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts