Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to restore the little front wings on the F1 bodies short of driving a screw through a hunk of plastic lol...anybody?

Dave :wave:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wings

Those who race the F1 and Indy bodies use piano wire and glue to reinforce the wings so they'll stand up to a wreck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have had some good luck with JB Weld on some difficult attachments, using some kind of re-enforcement like DLW suggested. The best super glue Ive found is Loctite QuickTite with a spray of Insta-Set accelerator. May not need the JB weld if it is re-enforced. Heres a pic of what we have used the broken F-1 nose wings for (well I gotta confess that I broke em off intentionally before too). The 3 orange cars use them for the spoilers.
Good luck with your repairs-Circle Track DAC

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey DAC,

You forgot to mention the way we repair our Indy & F1 broken bodies!!
Since we be dirt latemodel guys, we love broken Indy/F1 bodies as they are perfect bases for sheet plastic latemodel bodies!

The following are just a few of many latemodel bodies by DAC and myself.
These are bodies that are still in one piece after our usual crash tests....I mean racing!!!

Pairadiceracing

Attachments

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha I like option 3 sorry been sick of late so was not up to replying.. I actually found these two cars in question they have been in a box for 9 years so the wings are long gone.. hmmm I wonder if a walrus nose on the Honda would scare the Williams fans?

Dave

·
Registered
390 Posts
:confused:
Where are you guys getting your late model bodies or are you making them yourself? They look great. As I am a oval racer myself I am always looking for new ideas. Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Sundance,

We start with broken TYCO Indy Bodies, cut them down to basically save the body mounts and flatten the top to glue sheet plastic to them, then cut sheet plastic sides and glue them on. The roof is also made with sheet plastic, shaped, cut and glued on.
If you look close you will see we even reuse the windshield off of the Indy bodies, cut down for the air cleaner guard on the hood.

We've build a few of them using the ferrai bodies (TYCO), if you look at the prev. post pictures, the #1 "Baby Ruth" White latemodel is constructed this way.

That's what happens when old guys play with little toy cars and consume certain beverages at the same time!

Later,
Warren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts