Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys saw this at Target today for $4.46 on clearance. I noticed the Nose Art Baja Breaker in the Hot ones package. The box appeared to be untampered with. I doubt anyone would swap out a $5 car for a $2.50 car anyway. What do yall think about this? Have you ever seen a car packaged in a totally different series before?
I left it sitting...I though it was neat, but none of the cars are what I collect.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
well, it was the exclusive baja breaker, and 4.48 for 6 hot ones, i'm down for that price, but yes it was tampered with, the nose arts were issued loooong after these sets were..

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Interesting as many of these are now popping up on the chatboards with different cars in them.... Makes one wonder if they are a true error on Mattels behalf.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
how could it be, the nose art were released so much after, and when you consider the missing vehicle is a set exclusive color..and some other collector would have bought it for the error value along time ago..

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I agree that it was a switch out.
Granted both series are made in Thailand, the Hot Ones set was done before the Nose Art series. I'm sure the base code on the bottom of the cars would show that.
For that price I would have picked it up, it would have covered the cost of the Nose Art Baja.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
At least they didn't put a Maisto Fresh Metal in there. If you put in a car of equal or greater value than the one you took, the diecast fairy won't leave cranberry sauce in your stocking come Easter. Something along those lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts