Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody here in the Northwest? Anybody not know about it, or maybe planning to go?

October 1 & 2 (Friday and Saturday) at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood Washington, North of Seattle (I hope that's okay by the BB rules? I don't work there, but that's where the contest is being held).

I'm still hoping to go, but not sure if I'll make it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Definately planning on being there. Remember, Bob always runs great specials on models on this weekend.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Jeff you better make it!

Chris....Good to see youz gonna make it but.....are ya gonna enter anything?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Rich, I heard about that Tar Pit scene you're working on. Don't tell me you're not going to enter anything. Sheesh!;)

Of course, I'll be there. I've got a few projects that I hope to have finished in time. In fact, I better get back to the modeling bench.

Now let's see some more of the NW modelers that haven't made it to the show yet. I know there are several of you from Vancouver, BC down to the Portland area that haven't made the trip yet.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
COOL! Richard built a dio of my house!! :freak:

Before I got hitched and had kidz....I wuz clean and organized.....Iz it just me or does that happen?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Your not making me feel any better Rich! :freak:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, I've had to decide I won't be making it this year, for a few reasons. Will miss being there, seeing the kits, the movies, the pizza party, but it aint gonna happen for me this year.

Next year, though. After almost no modeling for about two years, I'm doing the best work I've ever done, and have numerous lined up for '05.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
F91 said:
If Chris is going to enter something, I'm not!
I'm hoping!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Hehehe - I'll certainly be there. I'm hoping to have something to enter. There's a bunch of almost finished models on the bench that I will be attending to once I unlock the manacles that are keeping me in my office at work. . .

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I know a dude who could win the 'STILL IN THE CLOESET' catagory.....qtan?:p

My R2 and 3PO are looking good! pics soon. MPC did a great job on R2 ( only a few small details are missing ) but when it came to 3PO they missed the boat.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I goofed.....I thought that one could DELEAT a WHOLE post if needed?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Man! I wish that Sci Fan could be in Spring......WINTER is the prime MODEL BUILDING time!

I'm only going to have the two droids done.

http://www.robokopp.de/images/Ani_Gif/r2d2_holo.gif

There should also be a catagory for 'MARRIED DUDES with KIDS'!

AND!.....SCI-FAN needs to GROW!!! there is just not enough room for all those great models! I know that Bob benifits from the sales and that it's HIS SHOP, HIS contest but WE NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

There is the new convention center is being built right now.....hmmmmmmm

WEST COAST SCI-FI MODEL CON!

I can see it now....With VENDORS! Bob can bring his kits there and still play a major roll in it if he wants?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Howdy Grant! :wave:

Take I-5 north look for the 44th ave exit in Lynnwood at the bottom of the ramp take the left and follow 44th to 196th ( second light ) and then take a left through several lights you will cross highway 99 then you will take a right into the James village shopping center ( basicly your first right after hwy 99 ) pass Albertsons super market and just follow the shops along the strip untill you see GALAXY hobby.
The GALAXY HOBBY website should have better instructions.

Keep Us informed! We will be getting together for pizza or maybe a sci-fi mystery theater night at some poor scmucks house! Friday or Sat night.

I can provide a VERY discounted night at the Hotel I work at for folks thinking of coming up! its not far from galaxy at all! 30.00 buck for a 100.00 a nite suite is not too bad!
Seeya there!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts