Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the area looking for some model train layouts to go to, check out Northlandz in Flemington NJ. Touted as the worlds largest HO railroad with 8 miles of track. Its a really nice facility. Took me about 1.5 hours to walkthrough it. Thats with the wife and 23 month old son who also liked it a lot.

http://www.northlandz.com/

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Were you there recently? I was there a few times in the 90's and it was really nice. I went again about 5 years ago and it just seemed very run down, like they were doing very little maintenance. Also, their website hadn't been updated in years. I've wanted to take my boys up there - the little one has never been there, but I'd hate to spend all that cash if it is still in rough shape.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was there 2 weeks ago. There was some scenes that needed some repair. Looks like some of the patrons couldnt keep their hands of the scenery and broke through the plaster in spots. Yea all that dough hes raking in, he should fix it up some. Amazing how far he has come. He used to add on to his house every year or so. You used to go in his front door, pay his wife, then go into the basement. All proceed went to the fire house. Bet they dont get much if anything now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts