Hobbyist Forums banner

Change Race 5 date?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

North vs. South Tour

15K views 233 replies 37 participants last post by  ovalmaster 
Thanks Jason, I guess it will between the TP-40c and the smc. I have read where some people claim that there is no difference between the smc 40c and the 50c, they claim it is only a different lable, I believe that this is on cycling and not track performance. Do you have an opinion on that topic?
I think that given the latest marketing strategies from the battery companies, I wouldn't be surprised if the 40c and 50c SMC had the same guts. However, I also believe that if there was a difference in the burst ratings (only 10c), based what we've seen from the 2S counterparts I don't think either pack will win or lose a race on its own.

The idea behind holding Tour events on Sundays was to not affect turnout on the normal race night of the two tracks involved (Saturday). It certainly was not done to potentially hurt the turnout of tracks that normally run on Sunday, e.g. Barre. Plus, the Tour is only a total of 6 races.

no tommy i have ben sick for a couple of days now and i think if something does change real quik am probley not racing in plattsburgh tonite good luck to the plattsburgh gang headed to glennsfalls for the first north vs south tour my pick is antiono in cot and jason nick in 13.5 u should do a geuss who will win for the next race and have a prize for who picks the winner just a thought
Donald,

You did a good job at picking the second place cars...lol.

Chris Walsh and Marc Lapan had set the bar high for their classes - they were fast all day.

Thanks to Al Jr. for a fun series. I saw nothing but smiles.

Al,

In regards to the new North VS. South ESC rules...

Are the Tekins restricted to Firmware v1.89? I have seen where people are stating v2.00 is the cutoff. If that's the case, are you aware that v2.00 and v2.00.2 give the user "boost" with a programmable delay (lowest = 500ms and 200ms, respectively). This is old news to me - I know most don't understand the Firmware issue and I don't expect them to, especially for club racing. But, since this is a money/series race and people are crying, so we might as well split hairs and make things fair ALL AROUND.

The common reply from most people that don't know any better would be "Novaks, Tekins and LRPs" are all equal - we see it all the time". My reply to that is apples to apples, same car to same car, this is false - otherwise we wouldn't need spec classes with Novak only ESCs.

I'd like to ask what the plans are to police Firmware of the Tekins and what versions are allowed - tech before each race? I'd also like to propose since we would already be in the middle of checking software, that Mamba owners are allowed to use their units with the timing function disabled. What would the problem with that be?

In conclusion, I bought a Mamba to replace my three year old "flat" GTB and would like to use it, even without its enhanced features. I have been trying to bite my tongue on this issue, but everyday I see the same people who disagreed with me a year ago about programmable ESCs are the same ones doing all the crying now. You know me, whatever you decide will be fine - just wanted you to see it from another angle.

Jason

Jason, i m not a tekin guru....but the turbo boost as you refered is useless if you are full trottle all around the track....so since at p-burgh the guy there in 13.5 are full trotthle all around the turbo boost option is useless i think on a bigger track like SGF it will be the same....the turbo boost feature is fine when you lift trottlhe with really really really long straight (did i say really long??;))...but with the experience i have with this feature in dirt oval...i don t think it make a difference at all.....i have run the LRP speedo and the tekin and in my experience you can win with both.... you can put a novak in this list since i never really use this one but see some racer wining with it!!

but Jason i have a good question for you.....if the mamba ESC didnt have any advantage(3 laps faster than any other brand) will you have buy one of these to replace your 3 years old novak? can i guess an answer for this question??;) don t told me yes because the price is lower...because you can buy a lot of LRP and Tekin on swap and sell for cheaper than new...

Pace

p.s. guy you have to remember if everyone is buying this speedo (mamba or AE) the race will be the same like before these speedo.....same guy will be upfront!! if you are a c-main driver but now you are in the a-main because you have this new unit and the other guy in the a-main not...be sure when these guy will put this unit in there car they will regain what you have gain over him with this speedo!!!
Pace,

Without writing another page...I said I'd like to run it WITHOUT the timing mode. I'm not here to argue, but why did you buy a Tekin if there was no advantage? ;) Eric Salvas told me a year ago to run sportsman classes if I didn't want to race against more competitive units - now I am doing the same. I'm not a C-main driver and didn't buy the unit just to "win". We could go round and round forever, but the bottom line is I'd like to find a way to run it fairly.

Any driver can win any race day, even with garbage equipment...just because he does so does not make every piece on his car as good or better than the next guy's car. It's all relative.

I know what you are trying to say about everyone buying faster stuff...again, it's all relative...so why did so many people have a problem with NOVAK only rules. You haven't unveiled a new new issue, BTW.

For the record...I picked up a lap this summer in my 13.5 EDM by borrowing a Tekin and still chose to stick to my GTBs - unlike most, I'm not looking to "buy" a win. Apples to apples. Let's see what Al says...

Maybe it could just be one of those deals where it's run between Novak runs but doesn't count? I mainly just want to see how it stacks up against Walsh's undefeated rocket without C.H.E.A.T. mode enabled. lol.

Al,

I think that short of having a PC in tech. with hotwire loaded, there is nothing else. This is what the BRL has chosen to do in the interim. LRP and NOVAK aren't a problem because their firmware is limited to the model. Also, the Mamba was available in October - not trying to be funny, just letting you know.

Or...we all just use the honor system. I hear the truth is sacred in all forms of racing. :)

Yeah, Tom - I'm going Sunday. Can't wait. I built a special car and named it the Walsh Waxer! lol Yup, his streak is ending this Sunday. Ya hear that Chris, you're going down. Nobody's gonna wanna miss this one. Al Jr. is giving me a free raffle ticket if I can beat him with a NOVAK. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.