Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st annual North vs. South Tour between Racing City Hobbies in South Glens Falls New York and Lake City R/C Speedway in Plattsburgh New York. This tour is being sponsored by Racing City Hobbies, Lake City R/C Speedway, BSR Tires, Mcallister Racing Bodies & Products, and Smith Media Productions.

Two classes that are being ran are the COT and 13.5 Pro. This is a 6 race series which will allow one drop and has a guarenteed $100 going to the champion. Also product prizes will be handed out. The first race is October 18th at 1pm at Racing City Hobbies. 13.5 Pro drivers will NOT be allowed to race in the COT division. A 17.5 Pro class will be offered for an option for a second class and SK on Tour dates along with any other classes the track wants to put on the card. $20 entry fee. There is a race once a month a month a part from October to March.

For more information go to www.slcscs.com/COTHome.html
Al Jr

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
that sounds like an awesome little series between 2 tracks...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Donald. It should really be a good thing. I have been planning on something like this for the last two years but had to wait to get out of school before I could execute it. Racing is just around the corner and the purse is going to be bigger because we are doing a 50/50 that will be added to the purse so when I say that $100 is guaranteed to the champion that means it could become larger!!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
What is the motor/battery rule for the 13.5 pro class, 25c and or 40c, novak only? Thanks in advance for the info.

Chris

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ok, now that I have learned to read before posting (saw the link with the rules), I am now looking for some advice. The question is for the people running 13.5 and that is what is everyone leaning toward for their choice of battery? I know last year is was pretty much only smc 25c, but now there are quite a few choices and I am really not up to date on what the hot battery is.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Less then a month away. If you plan on running the North vs. South Tour and have a picture of your car please send the pictures to [email protected] and your hometown so we can get them up on the website.

This should be a great and fun series and I cant wait!!!!

www.slcscs.com
Al Jr.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Can we get a roll call for this tour, for both classes. Was thinking it would be good because it has a place for my ten year old to run. Just trying to get an idea if the COT class is going to be a class for beginners or not??

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Chris,

I've been using a SMC 50C and really like it.
Thanks Jason, I guess it will between the TP-40c and the smc. I have read where some people claim that there is no difference between the smc 40c and the 50c, they claim it is only a different lable, I believe that this is on cycling and not track performance. Do you have an opinion on that topic?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can we get a roll call for this tour, for both classes. Was thinking it would be good because it has a place for my ten year old to run. Just trying to get an idea if the COT class is going to be a class for beginners or not??
I am the promoter and have been running cars for a long time. The COT is for all racers but the more serious racers are going to be in the 13.5 class. Sign him up and come out for a great time. We are all hear to have fun.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Thanks Jason, I guess it will between the TP-40c and the smc. I have read where some people claim that there is no difference between the smc 40c and the 50c, they claim it is only a different lable, I believe that this is on cycling and not track performance. Do you have an opinion on that topic?
I think that given the latest marketing strategies from the battery companies, I wouldn't be surprised if the 40c and 50c SMC had the same guts. However, I also believe that if there was a difference in the burst ratings (only 10c), based what we've seen from the 2S counterparts I don't think either pack will win or lose a race on its own.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The North vs. South Tour begins in just over 2 weeks. Race one is at Racing City Hobbies in South Glens Falls. The COT class is going to be one of the competitive classes this season and the 13.5 Pro class is wide open for the taking. Each class champion is guaranteed at LEAST $100. Plus prizes from McCallister and BSR to be given out as well!!!

www.slcscs.com

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JUST 10 Days away for the first ever race in the North vs South tour.!! KEEP THIS AT THE TOP. $100 at LEAST to the champions of the COT and 13.5 Pro class. 50/50, merchandise from BSR and McCallister.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts