Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again, The Holloween Classic at NORCAR at the Gate!!
(First race of the Grand Slam Series!!)

It's Oct. 26, 27, 28

Oct. 26 : noon to 10pm practice (8pm-10pm late arrival only)
Oct. 27 : 7am open 10:30am Q1 starts. 3 quals, reshuffle after round 2 and 3
Oct. 28 : 8am open 9:30am Q4 starts. Short break, then into the mains.

Hotel info can be found at our website: www.norcarracing.com

This years classes:

1/12 17.5 blinky
1/12 mod
1/10 TC 17.5 rubber blinky
1/10 TC 13.5 foam blinky
1/10 TC mod rubber
1/10 WGT 13.5 blinky
1/10 VTA 25.5 blinky

Class rules will soon follow.

TC foam tire rules:
Open Compound, Open Manufacturer, open wheel diameter.
Wheels may not me modified in any way, no adding anything between the factory molded wheel and foam tire.

Max. 3 sets checked in :)

Entry fee :
40.00 first class
30.00 each additional class

Limit of 85 racers!!

Entries can be sent via P.P. to:
[email protected]
Please include your name, classes, and transponder numbers.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Reality check, the Carribbean or racing at the Gate. Of course I am in the Finger Lakes right now. Winery count is six in a day and a half. Yesterdays lunch featured 3 wine flights along with my smoked brisket. I was only able to do one more winery after that then back to the room for a 2 hour nap. I guess I am getting old.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Reality check, the Carribbean or racing at the Gate. Of course I am in the Finger Lakes right now. Winery count is six in a day and a half. Yesterdays lunch featured 3 wine flights along with my smoked brisket. I was only able to do one more winery after that then back to the room for a 2 hour nap. I guess I am getting old.
No your getting better young man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.p...Trucks-On-Road-Tires-Wheels-1-10th-Foam-Tires

According to other threads I've read it's tentatively open tire. Apparently that "works" better than a spec tire. That is to say it sounds like open has proven to have been more popular. I don't really understand why that is, but whatever. I'm looking to give it a try. Sort of interested how a foam car is supposed to drive.
Josh:
When I ran the Losi in foam it was set up very stiff. I am talking 30 to 40 pound springs on the front and about 5 pounds softer on the rear. The biggest front sway bar made (I actually made my own out of .090 wire) and no rear. Tires were orange/purple fronts and purple rear. No sliding around one of those babies.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts