Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Are there currently any novice running on road days? I've been thinking about bringing the kids out to drive a bit.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Are there currently any novice running on road days? I've been thinking about bringing the kids out to drive a bit.
We have been running a Traxxas class for the kids now.
It's a La Trax TC based 1/16 kit. RTR for about 100.00

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Updates!

New rug is down and driver's stand has been raised, added steps, and hand rails!

We will have open practice this Friday from 4pm till 9 or 10pm :)
Free of charge!!

Club race Saturday, doors open 9am and racing 1pm... BE THERE!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
New rug is down and driver's stand has been raised, added steps, and hand rails!

We will have open practice this Friday from 4pm till 9 or 10pm :)
Free of charge!!

Club race Saturday, doors open 9am and racing 1pm... BE THERE!!
Great debut of improved Gate. Smoother rug and greater visibility. I had a blast yesterday.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Great debut of improved Gate. Smoother rug and greater visibility. I had a blast yesterday.
Agreed. New carpet is fantastic, even grip across the width and and little penalty for going off line. Nice not having the car sail into the outer boards. That and the driver stand certainly made it easier to get around the track cleanly. For anyone on the fence about giving carpet RC a try, the new rug will make things much more forgiving.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Date change!!!

The May 14th race is being moved to May 15th!

A Sunday race, doors open 9am and racing at noon!!

Spread the word...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thanks Wayne!

Just need set-up tips for running rubber instead of foams on the wgt.
Biggest item is lowering the car. If you have a CRC they have a set of pod plates that do the job or you can just add 2-3mm spacers under the plates. Same amount of lowering id needed on the front. What I run is .45mm to .5mm front springs x 8mm lg. (CRC) with 2 deg. of camber and maximum caster. The rear is also soft on the roll with CRC whites at the inboard position and 35 k in the tubes. Gearing for the current track was 120/52 with the Team Scream short stack and a strong 3 line rotor. That is a good starting point.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Biggest item is lowering the car. If you have a CRC they have a set of pod plates that do the job or you can just add 2-3mm spacers under the plates. Same amount of lowering id needed on the front. What I run is .45mm to .5mm front springs x 8mm lg. (CRC) with 2 deg. of camber and maximum caster. The rear is also soft on the roll with CRC whites at the inboard position and 35 k in the tubes. Gearing for the current track was 120/52 with the Team Scream short stack and a strong 3 line rotor. That is a good starting point.
Thanks for the info! I will be running the crc se version with a team scream motor wayne cooked up for me.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This Friday there will be a practice session from 4pm till 10pm!

Saturday, 9am doors open and racing at 1pm.... NORCAR Cash Day!!!

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
what tires are you running in 17.5 12th scale at the Gate
I jumped on the Jaco bandwagon and been using green rears and black fronts.

Guys running BSR or CRC tires have been running green or graylow rears with black or chrome fronts.
The blue rears seem to push a bit more as the race goes on.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Please don't forget, we are closed this Saturday the 14th and will be running Sunday the 15th!!

Doors open 9am and racing at noon!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts