Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just recently acquired a WCM GN circa 2004ish with a slightly modified zenoah 23cc engine. I've yet to put the peddle to the metal, and would like to get some basic info before doing so. What are the typical acceleration and top speed measurements for these? I know the answer would depend many factors, but what would be a reasonable average?

This is my first 1/4 scale and hopefully not my last one. I have a few other 1/5 scales (5) and none look as exciting as the WCM GN. Thanks in advance and go quarterscale!:thumbsup:

Wei

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Hi guys,

I just recently acquired a WCM GN circa 2004ish with a slightly modified zenoah 23cc engine. I've yet to put the peddle to the metal, and would like to get some basic info before doing so. What are the typical acceleration and top speed measurements for these? I know the answer would depend many factors, but what would be a reasonable average?

This is my first 1/4 scale and hopefully not my last one. I have a few other 1/5 scales (5) and none look as exciting as the WCM GN. Thanks in advance and go quarterscale!:thumbsup:

Wei
Well "slightly modified" it should be real fast!:freak::freak: It should be NO modifications other than a restrictor plate.

Look most 1/4 scale racers worry about their track lap speed or handling over top speed any day.:thumbsup:

Find you a empty parking lot and let her rip if you want but make sure the there are NO parking lot concrete dividers, they love to EAT 1/4 scale cars.
Oh yea a 33 pound 1/4 scale car at speed can do a lot of damage so be careful.

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Wei

I don't know if this will help or not....but at our local track with an 15 pinion
and a 78 spur the cars reach 40ish mph at the ends of the straight aways. With a lap time between 5.8 to 6 seconds that is pretty good acceleration.
Not sure what kind of top speed number you could get.... but I'd think you could get it rolling pretty good with different gearing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Thanks guys for the info. The reason why I think the engine was slightly modified was not to race on the track, but rather in the parking lot. When I acquired it, it came equip with street tires (BRP street tread).

Unfortunately, there aren't any tracks close to the Boston area, so I will have to find a rather large empty parking lot and give it a go. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts