Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who made nominations this year!

I noticed I had missed going back to add mine to a few of the threads after I made the thread posts! Not sure that would have changed the outcome on any - just added a few more castings to the tied nomination totals.

The process wasnt as hard as I thought it would be but there were a lot more 'other catagories' than I expected! In the past, the focus has just been on the main lines and THs and sometimes the premiums. I know some will say there were to many this time but I was interested in letting everyone vote for their other series interests as well.

I also found it interesting about the 5 packs and their assortment offerings. It will be fun to try and track them better this year for only and exclusive castings.

Next year hopefully the process can start earlier - the shipping and distribution delays did set the nomination process back a month or two this time. I may also start on the mainline case castings for 2021 as soon as this years voting for 2020 ends.

I am always open to suggestions and recommendations about how to improve the process - so if you have ideals or thoughts post them up below!

And if you want to take over for 2021 or next year or just a part of the overall process - PM (conversation) me to let me know your interest(s) so we dont end up duplicating efforts in the end.

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
19,422 Posts
To many categories ???
When are the best blue Hot Wheels, and Red Hot Wheels and Best Flames Hot Wheels and Best choice of Wheels, etc. etc. etc. going up???

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
You did a great job doing all of these nominations milton. To me these are some other ones you need to nominate character cars, mail-in cars, redline club cars, legends tour cars, and convention car's. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I am new to the channel and forum, wanted to share our humble racing club video of our 2020 championship drag race on new years eve. Hope to share more and participate in the great content here. Happy collecting!

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Awesome drag racing video and happy new year my friend congrats. 👍

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You did a great job doing all of these nominations milton. To me these are some other ones you need to nominate character cars, mail-in cars, redline club cars, legends tour cars, and convention car's. 👍
Thanks @samace22! Each sounds doable.

I found a list of the mail ins for 2020 and there are only 4 castings shown. Was that all that were available? Sounds like we can add a voting thread between those 4 this week still.

Is fandom the only place with a list of the character cars?. I see 2020 singles 2 packs and 5 packs and a short list of 2016 convention cars at the end.

The redline club cars are not very many either and could be added just as a voting thread this week as well.

There was only the one legends tour car though right? The one in the mainlines the 2 Jet Z is in the voting thread there and I think the Bone Shaker in the id series was included with that voting thread. Are there more legends cars that I dont know about?

I am not sure about the convention cars though as to how many are out there and where I can find a list with photos of each.

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Yes there are only 4 mail-in cars. You can go to hotwheels wiki to check out the character cars. You can also check Google for hotwheels character cars. You can also check out hotwheels wiki for the convention car's and you can also check Google for the convention car's. And there's only 10 convention car's between the 2 conventions from last year. There is the legends tour 1955 Chevy bel air gasser and the legends tour bone shaker ID car so you can have those 2 in they're own category. And yes there is only a few redline club cars. And also do color shifters cars also. And also do the Mario kart cars please. So yes please do all of these milton. 👍

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback Sam. I will try to get as many done as I can. 🤙

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Your welcome my friend. 👍

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found some resources for a list of images and casting names for most everything mentioned so far. I also found the SD Comic Con casting which I can add to the other Conventation cars? Were there any other convention cars from other countries this year?

For the Mario Kart series I found a listing of all of them but can not determine which ones are 2019 and those that are new for 2020. Some have the base code letters but not all of them do. Anyone know where there is a better break down between years - perhaps hobbydb?

I also found a list of color shifters at fandom and there are 12 there but not all of them have images. I will check hobbydb for more images later today.

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last group of casting I have found are the Super Rigs and Track Stars. Will work on a nominations thread for them later today. Are there any other groups of casting we havent covered yet?

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
You can also nominate the hotwheels monster trucks if you want to. And there are other convention models from last year from other countries and you can check hobbydb for the Mario kart cars and the color shifters. 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts