Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Someone Tell Me Why Wcm And Pro Have Pictures That Are 3-7 Years Old On Their Web Sites? Is It That They Have Not Changed Anything In This Time Or They Just Don't Update Their Web Pages? It Is Kind Of A Turn Off When Your New And Shopping For A Car To Buy.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I couldn't agree more, I for one find it absolutly worthless having a website up with dinasaur cars, and price lists just as prehistoric. Makes me really not want to do buisness with them. But they do have newer cars etc.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Negative ,Negative ,Negative, complain about there Web pgs , so they work on them and get them up todate ,In the mean time some guy is waiting on,Parts, or his new car for Christmas, There I said it ,,,,,,,, Merry Christmas everyone ,,Robert

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Merry Christmas to you too Robert.
Negative ,Negative ,Negative, complain about there Web pgs , so they work on them and get them up todate ,In the mean time some guy is waiting on,Parts, or his new car for Christmas, There I said it ,,,,,,,, Merry Christmas everyone ,,Robert

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with you on one hand then on the other hand they are in business,and their web site is thier sales tool,therefore updating is important. So we are able to purchase what they are selling.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes I agree but it's not the only selling tool they have ,Some off them still have dealers that would glad to help, as they have invested there own moneys , to be able to help keep us going. The ones that dont have dealers get off your behind and update your web pgs ,, Robert

·
Registered
290 Posts
All this nonsense makes me think that 1/4 scale must have been non-existant before the good old computer ehh......
I have never seen a catelog from WCM, Pro1, or bullseye. So what else is there but the web page? There may be someday,but never been to a hobby shop displaying or selling parts for all manufacturers of 1/4 scales:freak:except Jeff Davis's trailer

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes I agree but it's not the only selling tool they have ,Some off them still have dealers that would glad to help, as they have invested there own moneys , to be able to help keep us going. The ones that dont have dealers get off your behind and update your web pgs ,, Robert
then list your dealers on your web site & we will bother them & let the manufacturers alone. So they can make what we need.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Why it is negative to question a company's neglect of a website? Why have a site if you're not going to update it? Customers have every right to question a companies motives in most aspects. Advertising is one of those aspects. It is a part of doing business with the public. Criticism can sometimes be a motivational tool. But, in this case I don't see it as a critical statement but more or less a potential customer wondering what's going on with these companies.

A website is a living entity. If you don't feed it with fresh information it will die. Fresh information also helps retain visitors and keep them coming back. If they visit the site and see current information or that the website has been updated, they know the company is alive and doing business. Plus, there is no larger communication tool and audience than the world wide web (www).

And to be honest, I haven't visited several 1/4 scale sites for over a year due to their lack of updates. No sense in looking at the same pages over and over. Heck, if HT didn't have constant activity, would you come here? Nope, you would go elsewhere...

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
As a racer in search of every single tidbit of information I can attain (Ask Jim D., Paul Hill, Bob Knox, Jerry Evans, Todd Bishop or Tim McCown on how much I have bugged them) I fully agree with this post.

Not only are the pages out of date with basic car info, but I would imagine prices as well. This is, for the most part, the first line of contact for most of us looking to enter quarter scale racing. To me, there can not be too much information on your website.

I will throw this out there as well. If a prospective customer contacts you via your contact button on your site. Have the decency to return that email. I have sent an email to SEVERAL of the manufacturers with very limited sucess. The three that have responded are Todd Bishop of BRP tires, Jim D. a WCM Dealer and Mr. Bob Knox of Knox Motorsports. Each of these guys not only responded to my initial email, but kept on with VALUABLE information to my numerous questions.

Mr. Bishop spent time not only educating me on tires but also with some really good tips on setting up these cars.

Mr. Knox probably spent a good hour or more emailing me back and forth with LOTS of information on the WCM cars.

Jim has probably exchanged 20 or so e-mails with me and spent 74 minutes on the phone with me last night WHILE HE WAS GETTING READY TO GO RACING.

All three of these guys did all of this without me having spent a single dime with them and not knowing me from Adam.

Believe me, I will remember this when it comes time for me to spend my hard earned money. Customer service is EVERYTHING.

To all of those that have put up with al of my questions, pestering and ignorance of this sector of racing. I really do appreciate your time and patience.

Remember this, If YOU DO NOT TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER, SOMEONE ELSE WILL!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Some emailed me and said he would be glad to help a manufacturer update his web pg , Thank you . I will forward your offer . As I know the manufacturer,spends most of his day building cars and parts ,Robert

·
Registered
689 Posts
i called todd bishop one evening and left a message and he called me the very next day answered all my questions and was very helpfull i give him a ten on customer service

·
Registered
726 Posts
these cars have so many parts and potential upgrades the sites should have details and good illustrated parts lists. I usually buy from the sites where i can see what i am buying instead of the manufacturer himself.

I agree with the need to have updates sites. Find a teenager, they can do it quickly and i bet you could find one willing to work for pizza and pop.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
I got into 1/4 scale right before there was a HT forum created for it I bought my first/ favorite car off ebay and I noticed that most of the sites were out of date then but what I did do was CALL THEM for what I needed or wanted it is important to have a updated site but if they don't its not a big deal for me never has been but the fact is every new concept of car is out there at the track all you have to due is go and look and ask questions and personally if I'm dropping the money for a new ride I would pick a manufacture that's been a round for a while than a pop up over night some of us on here have witnessed that nightmare on here and I want to talk to them on the phone as well those internet transactions have a habit of going sour

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
If they have a site, sure update it at least quarterly. If they choose not to have a site, thats fine too.

I have folks nippin at my heels one, two or three days after a race to get LPR's updated. I update it with information as I get it. I wished some of you guys would put together some articles, pictures, links, tips, videos or whatever to add to the LPR site.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts