Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING: The following images contain highly graphic material that may not be suitable to some collectors. Viewers discretion is advised.

July 7, 2012
Somewhere in Ohio

It was a hot and humid night in Ohio. No one expected the horrors that would happen that day would happen in their town. They heard about it happening in other places on the news. But it did happen. Rumors started spreading when the suspect "collector" started showing up at stores multiple times a week and would frequent flea markets and message boards. He knew exactly what he wanted and schemed the perfect way to acquire what he lusted after. An anonymous tip came into HWPD about disappearances happening all over town. Sometimes only one was taken. Sometimes a dozen or more.

After an exhaustive investigation of the collector, authorities have found that "John Doe" had amassed a stash of die-cast vehicles. The following is a list recorded from the scene.

200+ Mainline
12 Boulevard
10 Garage
6 Classics
5 Ultra Hots
4 Cars of the Decades
3 Avon mail-in Park-n-Plates
3 Hot Ones
3 Mystery Cars
2 Speed Machines
2 Modern Classic
1 2006 Kalifornia Kustoms
1 $uper Treasure Hunts
1 Since '68
1 Holiday Gift Car
1 Vintage Racing
1 Real Riders
1 Whips Team Baurtwell

The vehicles were helpless victims in the deadly grip of John Doe. Surveillance captured images of the collector ravaging the plastic and cardboard packaging of each and every Hot Wheels.

Evidence of the brutality that took place that fateful day was everywhere. The vehicles were mercilessly extracted from their containers like children's toys and placed on display like trophies. They were exploited and photographed like caged animals. Each of them were placed in an individual cell, their innocence and individuality was gone forever.

The identity of John Doe is unknown as he still eludes authorities to this day.

(Those are two of the new Carney Plastics 144-car displays)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I must admit that your cases look absolutely freaking spectacular, better than had you displayed them carded (maybe :p )

But I would never be able to commit such a crime :drunk:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Very nice display.
I couldn't do that, I'm not an opener myself.
Could you just see it now on TV, an interview with a neighbor: "He seemed like such a nice guy, kept tp him self, never bothered anyone. Who knew?"

·
Premium Member
9,251 Posts
Nice Finds And Displays Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
(thunderous one man applause)

I choose to look on the bright side...opening packaged cars is the 1st step towards becoming a "die-cast racer". All you need now is 30ft(that's "2" 15' lanes) of orange track and you'll be enjoying those cars on a multi-faceted level.

GspeedR :cool:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't opened "everything". I have a blue sELECTIONs Blown Delivery in a protector pack sitting on my desk. :dude:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts