Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local Kmart chain is selling these for really cheap. And I mean cheap! Most of the 1/64 scale cars are actually quite bad, sort of like the Maisto Fresh Metal. Still, I love the Mercedes McLaren SLR, I think I have 4 by Siku and a 1/64 scale by these guys. Well, here is the 1/24.

You'd think this is quite a decent quality for a cheap and nasty no name brand? You're right! Check this out.

:wave:

·
Registered
910 Posts
nice finds man i grabbed a few of these a while back got a nomad, a lambo a 32 plus a few extra that i cant remeber atm... very nice detail for the money.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice finds man i grabbed a few of these a while back got a nomad, a lambo a 32 plus a few extra that i cant remeber atm... very nice detail for the money.:thumbsup:
Good stuff. The 1/24 models are 15 kiwi dollars each so that's a good price. I just wasn't sure about the quality, it's hard to tell when you just stand there and look. But I think I get another next week. The Thunderbird looked quite tempting.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
That's quite a panel gap for a 1/24 ahead of the A-pillar in the second photo, but I agree the detail seems very good for 15 Kiwi dollars. Did it come in any other colors? I'll bet it would show especially well in black or charcoal metallic like the 1/64!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's quite a panel gap for a 1/24 ahead of the A-pillar in the second photo, but I agree the detail seems very good for 15 Kiwi dollars. Did it come in any other colors? I'll bet it would show especially well in black or charcoal metallic like the 1/64!
No other colours, sorry, but funny you should say that because that very gap was the reason I left the car on the shelf for a month before I bought it. I only found out it was a MotorMax after I unpacked it. That changed my opinion. The gap is still bad but MotorMax for that price is a steal around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts