Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading some of the electric threads becasue, well I do race electric in the winter, but here is what I found posted over there. Shows a heck of alot of reflection on us!.

"After reading different threads, and posting on some, the one thing that sticks with me is."..... If i was a new racer and reading this i would run away...." this is a HOBBY!!!! Its meant for fun, to meet other racing gearheads, bs and have a good time away from the pressures of life. I read the large scale threads and thought WOW!!!! I wouldnt go 1/4 scale racing if i could!!!! We need to remember how many people put their time into this hobby for 0$ and how all the complaining hurts them, i too am to blame!! "

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Than can be said of any forum out there where you have differing opinions.

If you take some of our arguments out of context, sure one would think we are all nuts. Well OK we are but that is beside the point.

The thing is that when some of these threads are started WE know what is being talked about, the history behind it and what is going on. Someone new is not going to have any idea what is going on, I know I lose sight of that from time to time.

One thing we all have in common is the PASSION for our style of racing and we all want it to be better and bring in more racers. We just differ in how we think it should be done or for that matter what needs to be done, but we are all aiming at the end result.

I personally think the single biggest thing we can do is GET PEOPLE to the TRACK. Once they get to the track they will see this Internet BS is just that BS. The track is where the REAL ACTION is.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Boy, it ticks me off that an electric oval racer would have an opinion other than battery, motor or ESC of the week...LOL

Look at the big picture, this is a forum and it's opinionated. With that said, how many 1/4 scale orgs have gone by the way side on racer opinion? How many electric orgs? :rolleyes::wave:

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
+1 :thumbsup:
Than can be said of any forum out there where you have differing opinions.

If you take some of our arguments out of context, sure one would think we are all nuts. Well OK we are but that is beside the point.

The thing is that when some of these threads are started WE know what is being talked about, the history behind it and what is going on. Someone new is not going to have any idea what is going on, I know I lose sight of that from time to time.

One thing we all have in common is the PASSION for our style of racing and we all want it to be better and bring in more racers. We just differ in how we think it should be done or for that matter what needs to be done, but we are all aiming at the end result.

I personally think the single biggest thing we can do is GET PEOPLE to the TRACK. Once they get to the track they will see this Internet BS is just that BS. The track is where the REAL ACTION is.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I was reading some of the electric threads becasue, well I do race electric in the winter, but here is what I found posted over there. Shows a heck of alot of reflection on us!.

"After reading different threads, and posting on some, the one thing that sticks with me is."..... If i was a new racer and reading this i would run away...." this is a HOBBY!!!! Its meant for fun, to meet other racing gearheads, bs and have a good time away from the pressures of life. I read the large scale threads and thought WOW!!!! I wouldnt go 1/4 scale racing if i could!!!! We need to remember how many people put their time into this hobby for 0$ and how all the complaining hurts them, i too am to blame!! "
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts