Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone deal with him? I had a problem with a lime green dune buggy I purchased. It ended up being a sandvan with the top removed and a reular dune buggy top glued on. He has offered to replace or refund and I am debating which way to go. I asked for clear close up pictures of the replacement before deciding. Also he has relisted the returned lime green dune buggy still as a original. So either he has a few or?

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Sadly this happens. Gotta scrutinize any buggy purchase carefully...especially if the buggy is a rarer color that was available as a sandvan.

I'd take the refund and live to fight again...clearly this guy has a problem with eyesight or credibility.

Coincidentally I've got a pink fake buggy I'm working on right now; however I chisel my initials into them so there is no doubt.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was leaning toward the refund especially since I see he relisted one #250516915483using the same pictures and description as the one I won.

He did request my contact info from Ebay right after I questioned him on this. Called and offered a full refund + shipping both ways or a replacment.

And Bill you would have to chisel your initials into it or I think their would be some doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
]I think I've bid on his stuff but can't seem to find any transactions in my ebay history. I've had a couple of the lime green ones and I assume they are Sand Van unless they appear unmolested. I think the Pink Dune Buggy's only came as Sand Vans?

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=nlmldd07&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

I like the fact that his last issue was with hepkat63/adaptimproviseovercome another slippery ebay fellow!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The "n" is for Nancy. I did ask specific questions prior to bidding on a
muscle car w/thin window posts. The response was: "they are perfect".
Unfortunately, my winning bid delivered a car w/broken & re-glued posts.
Returning the car was easy. During correspondence for refund, the car was
re-listed for auction. Only thru auction arbitration was the situation solved.
I rarely check the auction listings, but that would surely be a vendor for me to PASS!!!! Last winter/spring someone also on HT asked about same vendor. My response was "Slick chick".

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never received photos of a replacement car as asked for. Asked for refund and received plus return shipping two days later.

Lee was who I talked to but refund came from nancy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts