Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to nitro motors. i have a duratrax st with the .18 motor. it seems like the shaft is longer then my gt10 motor.

would like to switch it out for something deff maybe a faster motor but cant seem to find a motor that will fit

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it just seem like the shaft is bigger idk. i will look into it more. something else i see to day. the duratrax .18 and .16 motor looks the same the rod is the same is it just the bore size or would it effect everything like how the head fits and all. would like to get my st back up a running. even if its a bit slower.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i need a bigger shaft i like my st set up its just the motor that came with it i need a new sleave and piston and dont have the 40-50 bucks to spend on it right now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i had a nitro evader. after may pistons and sleeves in the duratrax motor i bought an o.s. .15 . it dropped right on with no mods at all. you might want to ditch the stock duratrax pipe for an associated pipe. the duratrax pipe has a baffle that can come loose in a crash and mess up the tune of the motor causing a lean condition ruining the piston and sleeve. the stock duratrax clutch will bolt right on this motor

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBZ30&P=0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts