Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer brought me this generator for repair,it looks like a small suitcase.He said it leaks fuel,I do not have any info on this generator.I tried a google search and found nothing on it.Any ideas.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan GL 600 generator

Customer brought me this generator for repair,it looks like a small suitcase.He said it leaks fuel,I do not have any info on this generator.I tried a google search and found nothing on it.Any ideas.

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry,

I bought a Nissan GL600 generator new in 1983. It was sold as a promotional item at Nissan car dealerships ( I bought a new truck back then.) Anyway the thing still runs great and I have the complete "book" manual for it.

The "case" for the generator is just screwed/bolted together and completly comes apart easily for cleaning and service (and to expose likely deteriorated fuel line that is leaking.

Glad to photo copy and mail you copies of pages....Do you need any
specific information from the book?

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiker, I know that it uses a Mikuni carb.... I was just wondering if you could see which one so that I can replace this old one, and get her running again. THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi:
Is the offer for info from the manual still available? I would greatly appreciate any info yo have on the carb, and fuel line routing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan GL600 Help

I realize this thread is old but if the gentleman in Columbus still has the manual I'd like to buy a copy-I also live in Columbus. I have one of these and am about to restore it. Trying to find specs on parts that aren't available so I can machine/source them.

Does anyone know if there are any sites selling parts for ANY Nissan portable generators? I have access to at least 2 that are being sold for great prices given their quality.

Thanks.

I'm at [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan gl600 carb

If someone can help, I need a pic of the springs on the carburetor. I took mine apart and like an idiot I don't remember where the smaller one goes. Laugh at my expense. It's ok...A manual would be great too. Ill pay top dollar. I did take pics but my 3 year old daughter erased a bunch of my stuff...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nissan gl600 carb

If someone can help, I need a pic of the springs on the carburetor. I took mine apart and like an idiot I don't remember where the smaller one goes. Laugh at my expense. It's ok...A manual would be great too. Ill pay top dollar. I did take pics but my 3 year old daughter erased a bunch of my stuff...

I, too, have a GL600 that leaks fuel. I'd love to see a diagram of the Mikuni carb set up. If there is a manual out there I'd sure like to look at it.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Manual still available. I just got one from my grandpa. In great shape runs but on half choke

·
Registered
4 Posts
I, too, have a GL600 that leaks fuel. I'd love to see a diagram of the Mikuni carb set up. If there is a manual out there I'd sure like to look at it.

Thanks,

Kevin
I Can get pictures for you. Did you find a manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not yet. This generator has run faithfully for over 35 years but recently whenever I run it gas leaks from somewhere inside. So, I took it apart and saw the fuel line coming from the tank to the carb. But there are two more rubber lines coming from the carb that just look like vents or drains. I don't know if these lines are supposed to be just hanging around.

I'd love to see how the carb is set up. Any help you could provide would be great.

Thanks for the reply.

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I certainly will. I'm looking to see how and where all of the rubber lines attach to the carburetor.

Thanks again for doing this. I almost have the thing back together and your pics will get me to the finish.

Kevin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts