Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent really got anything to say but I always wanted to be the first to post in a fourm. Well I did have a Nintendo 64 at one time. :thumbsup:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Wheee!

The 64 was great in it's time! Me and my buddies took advantage of the 4 player games all the time. We would have some intense 2 vs 2 Duke Nukem Zero Hour back in the day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ragged on Nintendo back in the day... It seemed after the SNES, nothing really appealed to me. Then Sony released the Playstation and I was back into gaming.

Now the Wii is out and I can't wait to get one! I think Nintendo will come back strong this year thanks to the Wii and the DS! I'm really rooting for them. All the goodness in the Wii takes me back to the good ol' days.

Anyone have Wii? Please share your experience!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i have banjo tooie never beat it yet ; turok ; turok 2 ; wave race; Goldeneye007; still never play it yet lol; f-zero x ; jet force gemni ; diddy kong racing; bad fur day;mario 64

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
I have a Wii plus a few different games. It has to be the ultimate "party" game with the included Wii Sports. Get 4 people playing tennis or bowling and it's a blast.... it's almost more fun watching the people play. Wii Sports makes excellent use of the controllers... in bowling you actually crank your wrist to get more hook on the ball just as you would in real bowling... in tennis you can also flip your wrist to get different spin on the ball. In boxing you can weave and bob to avoid punches then throw your arms in the air after a knockout.

On the games, some or pretty good and others are not. Out of the ones I have I like Zelda and Red Steel the best. Rayman is like 1000's of mini games, is fun and really wacky. Elebits and Super Monkey Ball are fun but in their own way. Madden '07 and Ultimate Alliance should be fun but the action is just too fast for this feeble old man :)

Excite Truck is OK. DO NOT get GT Pro Series... it's crap.

The controllers do take some getting used to. If you are used to "normal" controllers you'll find yourself wanting to do things the "old way". But with practice you get used to the Wii controllers and find it is better game play. The game I still have problems with the most is Ultimate Alliance in that the you tilt the Nunchuck to change the direction the camera is looking. I find myself just spinning the camera around in circles because as I move the joystick I tend to tilt the Nunchuck... LOL

I look at the XBox 360 and I do wish the Wii had better graphics (running the Wii at 16:9 on a 46" TV) but the game play does make up for it. I would suspect that the controllers will be put to even better use in future games... Guitar Hero on the Wii could be a blast!

·
Registered
689 Posts
we are big nintendo fans here, we have super nes, nintendo 64, and gamecube still hooked up that we play on a regular basis. i'm a big 1 on 1 fighting game fan, killer instinct is my fav, on super nes or ki gold on 64. thanks for another great thread hank

Billy!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I will be, and always a Nintendo fan.

Since 1986, when I first put in Super Mario Bros...to the time when I first loaded up The Legend of Zelda for the second time, and had all what I had the day before...to the many adventures in Kid Icarus, Metroid, and the horror that Castlevania had...Nintendo was IT.

I have every system, miuns Neo Geo and a Turbo CD, but all the systems I have, the old 8-bit has the best games.

P.S. Unless you have a SMS, then Phantasy Star is the best!

Jerry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts