Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i went to my local walmart at 3pm they had just stocked the hws in the toy aisle but no ths went to leave and saw a floor display only 1 of the 4 sides had hws cars and it had 5 cases worth in 5 rows i quickly noticed the bottom row was the only one touched i found a reg th fire eater in each of the top 4 rows but the bottom row didnt have one and was missing a few cars i think a kid got lucky .... my grandpa has got to 3 floor displays lately and each time he found 4 regs and a super

i wish ida got the super but im just happy to be finding t hunts for once ive waited 10 yrs to get this lucky this was my biggest score ever.

ive now got 12 t hunts since october and ive put in alot of footwork. my local wallmart stocks at 11am and pm and im there both times ive only got lucky like that 2 times the maintnence guy gets them if im not there to see the cases on the pallet.

i live in a small town and my local wallmart is stocking hws 2 times a day you guys in bigger towns should check wm all day long noon to 10pm is when ive got the 12 of mine since oct

·
Registered
196 Posts
My wife and I found the floor display on Saturday afternoon. Of course it had been gone through but I still had to look. I was able to get a couple more of the blue\white '67 Shelby Mustangs that I had been looking for but what was really cool was finding one of the green\gold ones that somebody missed.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Last year I got 4 Qombee regs at 9:30pm on a Saturday out of one of those things. I don't know if any local WMs will get those because all of the aisles are clear right now to help with traffic but maybe that'll be the last push for the last week. I swear they have more merchandise on pallets in the seasonal area than out on the selling floor.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Very nice finds. Unfortunately, here, the cases are picked out before they are put on display.
I'm pretty sure the same thing happens here. The ONLY time I ever see a TH here is when I watch the gal open the box. Never have I seen one hanging or in a display box at this wal-mart.
I was going to watch from down the isle the last time I saw her opening the boxes, but as luck would have it, my bride happened to finish her shopping right then and had to come look, and called me over to look! LOL <dang! plans foiled again!>

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife and I found the floor display on Saturday afternoon. Of course it had been gone through but I still had to look. I was able to get a couple more of the bluewhite '67 Shelby Mustangs that I had been looking for but what was really cool was finding one of the greengold ones that somebody missed.
whats so good about the green and gold ive passed up several of these

1 - 8 of 8 Posts