Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been stationed here on Okinawa for three years now and collecting has pretty much been on hold. We are headed back to the states next month, going to be stationed in Mobile. My collection is going to be like new to me. I was deployed all of 2008 and came out here in July 2009 so I haven't seen much of my collection in several years. I dont feel like there there is a whole lot of catching up to do, but I do know of a few gaps that I was working on that I am going to try to fill. I am starting to get a little excited to get back there to get the collection out of storage and get into the game again.

David

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, We will get there sometime early July. Taking a drive up to Kentucky to spend some time with family so we probably wont be set in to stay until early August.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Thank you for your service. Hopefully you've been able to take advantage of access to cool Japanese diecast. You're right that you haven't missed much from JL in the last few years.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your service. Hopefully you've been able to take advantage of access to cool Japanese diecast. You're right that you haven't missed much from JL in the last few years.
Not many purchases out here. I have picked up a few Tomy cars, i think mostly military type vehicles, and a couple Hotwheels with the Japanese writing on the boxes/cards. I did find a Green Machine in one of the TRU out here a while back but all it had was a sticker on the back with Japanese on it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dave,
Hope you and the ladies are well, and excited about coming home!:wave::wave:
Hey Paul, Its been a long time. January and the girls are good. I think everyone is ready to come back home. That seems to change every other day though, lol. Kids are leaving favorite teachers and good friends. We will go through the same thing in a few years when we leave Mobile.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
David, a sincere thanks for your service. :thumbsup:
You said you have some gaps to fill. Let us fellow HT guys help you out with that. I have dupes of many JL castings and I would be happy to give you a jump start on your quest if I can. When you're ready, just start a new thread and let us know what you're looking for. Have a safe trip back home.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Not many purchases out here. I have picked up a few Tomy cars, i think mostly military type vehicles, and a couple Hotwheels with the Japanese writing on the boxes/cards.
I guess being on an island makes a big difference. I lived in Misawa for almost three years and I scoured northern Japan and even Tokyo for Japanese toys, and came home with a pretty big collection. But I had the advantage of being able to drive everywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts