1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I hope that the Angry Bird fad is over.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I finally found the red Angry Bird today (along with the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine).

I bought two Red Birds, one normal and an "error" with no front wheels.

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's fun for the kiddos. I was trying to help my son okay it on the iPad, I'll admit it can become a little addicting!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'll admit they have some fun/novelty value, but ultimately, how many variations could Mattel eek out of them? That's the problem with castings that replicate something so specifically. The Angry Birds, movie cars, et. al. would have worked better all those years ago when a vehicle could go years without a re-color.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That is definitely true...Matchbox experienced that with their weird "animal" castings in the 90s.

At least the movie cars can be repackaged a few times, like they will be next year.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I'll admit they have some fun/novelty value, but ultimately, how many variations could Mattel eek out of them? That's the problem with castings that replicate something so specifically. The Angry Birds, movie cars, et. al. would have worked better all those years ago when a vehicle could go years without a re-color.[/

The keep making different color Lil Red Express trucks so they won't have any trouble changing the bird, pig, ect colors. If I was to bet I would bet they will become a TH before they make a AMC TH.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The keep making different color Lil Red Express trucks so they won't have any trouble changing the bird, pig, ect colors. If I was to bet I would bet they will become a TH before they make a AMC TH.
They question of course...does the license for the AB cars allow them to change the colors to ones the company doesn't even offer?

·
Registered
610 Posts
If Mattel did the other colour bird cars, I'd be disappointed if they were simple repaints as the different birds are all different shapes in the game.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts