Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the track is moving along will nice expecting 3 to 4 weeks but the good news is will be running nitro too
i have installed 2 commercial exhaust fans over the track making this one of the best ventilated tracks in the state

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
track will be 50 feet by 70 and im using lap counter which is amd compatable i will not open untill i feel that my facility is the nicest most professional rc track in the northeast area
i will have a full line hobby shop and pit areas seating 50 racers with comfortable chairs and smooth spacious pit tables also rec area with pool table and fooseball table and 2 plasma with xbox 360 and original xbox every game available with a wide variety of good food so be excited i will let everyone know soon enough opening day

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
50x70 might be too small for 1/8th scale or truggy racing, but the new Ofna CRT .5 truggies should be perfect! I might have to buy one when they come out.

Are you going to have a way to keep the track watered? Even if you keep the track damp/wet all the time, be warned that dirt/dust from the track WILL get all over everything else in the building, ie the hobby shop, plasma tvs, pool tables, etc. Just so you are prepared for that :)

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have 2 exhaust that should help plus clay should keep the dust down
i want to wow my customer so there will be no pictures until 1 week before which 3 weeks away im working 7am till 1200am on the site trust me when i say im doing it right

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Lets get the 1/18th classes rolling. It is a blast and they are just as fast as the 1/10th cars. You could build one heck of a track!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Where at in the Wedge Wood plaza is this place? Is it the old Morgan's Furniture? I drove by at lunch and saw this space as the only vacant looking place at all.

·
Registered
300 Posts
all sounds suspicious to me. all these great improvements, plasma tv's, exhaust fans, and a fully stocked hobbie shop, without pictures of any thing? want to wait for a wow factor. why? at least, will the hobbie shop be open for buisness before the track so that some of us do not have to travel for parts? All sound great. Quote: one of the best ventilated tracks in the state. I hope your right, for my sake and for everyone else because your putting out there some huge claims. hope to see you soon! I love racing.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Racing Raider said:
all sounds suspicious to me. all these great improvements, plasma tv's, exhaust fans, and a fully stocked hobbie shop, without pictures of any thing? want to wait for a wow factor. why? at least, will the hobbie shop be open for buisness before the track so that some of us do not have to travel for parts? All sound great. Quote: one of the best ventilated tracks in the state. I hope your right, for my sake and for everyone else because your putting out there some huge claims. hope to see you soon! I love racing.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures too. it seems a little small for 1/8th scale but I race electric so that's fine with me. I still don't understand the point of the plasma tv's and the video games? Are you running a daycare also?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
And how big is Ryan's track, Jo Jo? Not much bigger than that, if not the same size. 50' wide will give you 5 lanes 10' wide, or 4 lanes 12'-ish wide. Ryan's last layout was only 4 lanes wide. A track 70' long is a bit short on the straight, but on Ryan's track, you could only hold WOT for a second or so anyway. We will just have to wait and see how it turns out, instead of dumping on it before it's even open for business.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
ryans track is 100 x50 right now maybe even 110

Who was i bashing? ... Just making a statement that 70 ft is kind of small..

:wave:

I guess you forgot the last 4 comments about this new track before you bash my 70 ft comments ..

·
Registered
333 Posts
50x70 sounds like a good elctric or 1/18 scale track .90x70 was to small for most.does the roof retract?a place for my kids and my wife to hang out,sounds fun.the arcade/day care sounds like it might be taking up some needed space. whats going to be in the "track side store" ?i think someone needs to go undercover and get us some pics.i am hoping for a pro style lay out like c-bus.only 20 days left till we see it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts