Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i already posted some of these cars, just had the boxes out so i took more pictures. hope nobody minds :)
racing minis

wild cat with orange labels and different bases

rat rod with boxes and different shades plus different motor mounts and hood vents

volkswagen 1600 different colors

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Those are beautiful photographs, especially all those bright VWs. They were fun toys to play with, too!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Those VWs look great,So far I only have the pink,1 purple and a RW red. But these shade variations as well as the skinny wheels pink are top of my list for 2007.
Do those rat rod motor mount variations exist in equal quantities? If they do, it means that when the 62 Cougar tool was modified to become the Rat Rod, each side was modified in a different way (2 Rat Rods cast each operation of the tool, perhaps not quite identical twins joined on a sprue ;) )

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments. i like that we share pictures and knowledge about every era of matchbox. this is really a nice place :)
sms88, i have no idea about the quantity of the motor mount variation, i have two with the added brace that have different hood vents :confused:

forgot to show the thin wheel pink volkswagen

already showed some unimogs, had some more out :)

a couple of minor detail variations on the mod rod and baja buggy
looking at the seats through the front window of the mod rod, notched and straight

looking down the back window of the buggy, brace on back of seat and no brace

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
a few more minor detail variations :)
soopa coopa, different inside diameter exhaust pipes and added brace on muffler. also applies to other models that use the same engine.

beach hopper without and with brace on left front side

blue shark with period after products & c and no period after products & c

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Mountain - a truly awesome collection you have with all the variations from my childhood :thumbsup: . Do you have the Rat Rod with 5 spokes on the rear ??? (hardest variation to collect).The Baja Bug that pulls big bucks is the 2 seater fitted with orange seats from the no 47 Beach hopper -did you get either of these 2 HTF variations when they were new???
That skinny wheel pink VW is my ebay target this past 2 months - mib including shipping this goes for $50 everytime since I started looking.
I like the huge shade variations on many transitionals.I read that these were caused by Lesney never cleaning the painting gear between changing colours , so early items have some traces of the shade from the previous model.It should be possible to make the whole rainbow of early 1970s cars showing how shades merged all colors

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The no 52 Dodge Charger concept exists in metallic dark red through dark pink and the Vhtf purple -all first production version with metallic green baseplate.The 36 Opel and 12 Land Rover often have a hint of green in their various gold shades, so these are the green to gold cars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts