Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting back into oval racing after years of being out of the sport. My question is ... In the stock class can I run any battery size IE 4200mah, 3800mah etc. I called my local track and they said they go by Norrca / Raor rules problem being within the rule book they don't mention anything about battery types allowed in the Stock Class.

TIA
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up question ...

While reading the Roar website I found the section of approved Batteries and Motors .... my question here would be should I only buy stuff on there list to make sure that I am within the rules?

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Most tracks and clubs are running 4200 batteries. If there is a spec class, they have been sticking with 3800's. Check with your local track and they should be able to tell you what battery they run in their stock class. It shouldn't be a secret! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
gp4300 not a great battery but legal
IB 4200 the hot ticket for stock roar legal

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Taken from the NEW updated ARCOR website:

STOCK

1. CHASSIS/ELECTRONICS: Any pan car chassis. Any radio and electronics.
2. MOTORS: Stock 24 degree motor. Any brush/cut and spring combination. Brush springs/posts/hoods may be changed from the original configuration
3. BATTERIES: 4200 mA batteries or less. 4 Cell only NO BATTERY CLAIMING RULE IN THIS CLASS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your input ... I will go ahead and purchase the IB 4200 ... just 1 last question how many do you think that I will need for a day of racing ... I was going to purchase 3 or 4 but am not sure how many I should have with me

·
Registered
433 Posts
just to be safe i would at least start with three but four wouldnt hurt for practice purposes. with ni-mh's you can run them more than one time per day and they usually run better on the second run, so you figure one or two practice runs and then the two or three qualifiers and then the main. what i try to do is run my two best packs for practice and the first qualifier, i run the one or two decent packs for the other one or two qualifier and my best pack again for the main event, so all packs are ran twice. it is kind of hard to explian but it makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts