Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I fairly new to the expensive, "big boy":D RC racing (I've grown up playing with TYCO and NIKKO), but I was thinking about getting back into the hobby. I've had an electric street racer for a few years, and now my brother and I are thinking of maybe buying some offroading trucks(most likely the monster trucks that we could race around the back yard in our little dirt area). I just wanted to get your opinions on which brand/type to buy. I'm also leaning towards gas powered? Which is better gas or electric? I already have a charger.

And lastly, I don't want to shell out that much cash, so what would be the best bang for my buck? I don't think I'll have time to assemble it, so which trucks come assembled?

Sorry for the long read.
Thanks for any help, I appreciate it! :wave:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
in my opionion if u go eletric go with a traxxas emaxx for monster or associated t4 in stadium, if u go gas id suggest the Hpi savage, traxxas tmaxx, associated mgt, or the ofna dominator u can get all of those in a rtr, in 1/8 scale if u wanna go that way i suggest the violator i just got one and they are sweet and fast as heck, and then is u go gas stadium then i suggest the associated rc10gt

That is just my 0.02 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
It's all in what you want,If you want nitro buy nitro ect.You will find out what has to be doen if you buy eather gas or eletric.They both have there expensive hop ups and they both need upkeep.I would look into what you llike and do some reserch on it.You'll be suprized on what you find.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
bustedparts said:
If your new why do you have more posts than me???
I'm new to the RC board. I hang out at the diecast board.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the help guys..keep it comin'!

And on the topic of what I like, I've had experience with electric street cars, so I know that charging can be a pain sometimes....and mine doesn't have long run time(I need a new battery). But as far as power and just pure fun, is gas or electric the way to go?

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you want a good quality truck that you can bash with you should definately go with a EMAXX. The only thing is that the price is big. Maybe a Traxxas Stampede?

Search around :thumbsup:

-Dustin

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David Washburn said:
what u should do is go to the local hobbyshop and see what they carry in the way of parts
Yep, that's what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Maybe talk to them and see what they have to say. Is $300 about right for a T-Maxx Nitro Monster truck?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
Yep, that's what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Maybe talk to them and see what they have to say. Is $300 about right for a T-Maxx Nitro Monster truck?
yea that is about right if i were u i would go on ebay or thr swap and sell section and see what they have there t maxxes are older so it is not worth it to get a new one especally if ur only gonna bash around
:thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i always run associated it is cheaper for parts, but it is not cheaper made, and it is eaiser to get the parts that is also what u got to think about

·
Registered
940 Posts
if you are looking to get something a little cheaper than the t-maxx i'd suggest the sportmaxx. the difference between the two trucks is that the t-maxx is 4wd and 2spd while the sport maxx is rwd and has a single spd. you could pick up a sportmaxx up for under 300

1 - 20 of 34 Posts