Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I used ot have a Carrera track when i was a kid, now 30 years later, my son is interested in it as a toy, and i am getting more and more interested in it as a hobby.

My question is, since technology has progressed so much, I am totally out fo the loop, and I was wondering are Carrera and Scalextric cars campatible with eachother? in otherwords, if I have a Carrera Evolution track, can I run Scalextric cars?
The main reason I ask is that I am planning to buy a Carrera track, because my son likes the american newer cars, but I am originally from Europe, and have more of a fondness for the European designs.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Although I'm not a 1/32 (or 1/43?) scale guy, I'd THINK that the cars are all compatible on the various brands of track and power supplies. I could be wrong, but I know some 1/32 (and 1/43) scale guys run on routed wood tracks and plastic track, and they DO mix and match dif brands of cars. Hopefully someone else will chime in.... ?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hi,

I used ot have a Carrera track when i was a kid, now 30 years later, my son is interested in it as a toy, and i am getting more and more interested in it as a hobby.

My question is, since technology has progressed so much, I am totally out fo the loop, and I was wondering are Carrera and Scalextric cars campatible with eachother? in otherwords, if I have a Carrera Evolution track, can I run Scalextric cars?
The main reason I ask is that I am planning to buy a Carrera track, because my son likes the american newer cars, but I am originally from Europe, and have more of a fondness for the European designs.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
yuppers on 1/32 scales b'n compatable on tracks (UNLESS u r running the new "Digital" versions..U r using the Older "Analog" version..)
however, digitals CAN b run as analog on older tracks 2.....

iv'e got Eldon from early 70's, new scalextric, Ninco's (ALL analog)....

my "Cave";

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/larcombe1/?action=view&current=009.jpg

feel free 2 look @ whole album & any questions/sources, i'll do me best :thumbsup:

welcome aboard!!!!

Bubba 123 (54 yers. old & STILL play'n w/ my original slot toys 2 :freak:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts