Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I'm new to the forum,die-cast collecting and customization in general. So please excuse my ignorance.

I'm interested in creating a custom card back for a project I'm working on.

A little background- My friend (a big time HW collector) has gotten me somewhat hooked on Hot Wheels (and Johnny Lightings by association) and I help him out from time to time by scouting Hot Wheels when I'm out shopping. For a belated birthday and Christmas gift, I'd like to make him the most ridiculous rare Hot Wheels I can imagine. By ridiculous, I mean I'm attempting to create a package with so many variants, mistakes, etc, it'll be laughable (and hopefully the most prized item in his collection).

However, my goal is to make it as real /authentic-looking as possible- to the point where if one just glanced at it, they would think its the real deal.

So far, here's my crazy list of variants I'm throwing into this single card: wrong car name / model on package, a Treasure Hunt edition, a deluxe / special cross-over limited edition double-blister pack w/ a Hot Wheels car AND a Johnny Lightning car (probably a "custom" White Lightning), retro package design, unpunched peg hole, and some other misc errors & variants.

I have some experience with Photoshop and photo-manipulation. I've searched these boards and others, and all the customization tips and how-to stuff I found focuses on the actual die-cast vehicle, and not the packaging. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this lengthy post. -jason_lightning

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
welcome jason to the jl custom board.
there are several ways to make a card. none of which im an expert at. but im sure someone here will answer your question. who does know the proper way.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
One name comes to mind for altering images and making them look extremely realistic Nick (a.k.a. Centershock) Drop him a line, he might be willing to help you. Good luck, and post some pics if you do get it done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts