Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.... I'm new to collecting diecast cars and would like to say this site is awsome and I've gotten alot of info from here. I would however like to get some suggestions and recommendations for other sites. I figure the more info I can get, the better the collecting experience will be. I haven't really found one line that will be my main focus because I like offerings from several lines such as Hot Wheels, Jada, 1 Badd Ride, JL, MotorMax {FC} and a few others. Also any publications you might could suggest would also be great. THANKS!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
hey welcome to the board.
I don't focus on any one make of diecast as I will buy whatever cars I like.
Joes diecast shack is a pretty good website and has forums for all makes.
http://www.joesdiecastshack.com/

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the board! There is only one hard and fast rule to collecting: COLLECT WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!!! I have cars from more different manufacturers than I can name. As Atencio said, Joe's is a good site. If you like to spend time at the newsstand, look for Toy Cars & Models, DCX Magazine, and Lee's Toy Review. Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Allow me to tempt you

And Welcome to HobbyTalk too :hat:
JL is a major Brand around these parts.

But there are others

Have fun with whatever you decide to collect :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm new too and have a question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me. I finally got the Red Line Baha Bug (red in colour) it says redline on the package but no red line on the tires. Is this how it is suppose to be? Seems I'm getting alot of HW screw ups lately, 5 in the past week to be exact.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Just an error car, or that might be a variation. Seems like I remember reading about some non-RL Red Line series cars a few months back.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Collect what you like (we sound like a broken record at times), Remeber, they are just toys, Don't be afraid to open them up and roll them around, If you think you'll make a profit...good luck with that....Have fun with it and keep reading and contributing to these great discussions. No question is a dumb question. Sometimes it's good to hear the same questions and answers. Helps us out with what someone may not know about a particular Mfg/toy. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard.:wave:

Autofest is coming in September to South Bend, Indiana......

·
Registered
107 Posts
There used to be a magizine out called Diecast Digest, some magizine & book stores carried it but I haven't seen it lately. Its mainly a subcription magizine. Its very informative,and alot of dealers, and collectors use it for settilng their prices. I used to take the current month issue with me to toy shows ect, and gives you a better chance at getting a better deal. Try doing a google search on it and order up a subcription,its well worth it if your gonna be serious about collecting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts