Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Steve. I've been reading the HT boards for about a month and recently joined. I have a couple Aurora Tjets from my childhood that I'm in the process of restoring. One is a red Porche 904 and the other a white Ferrari. I picked up a couple Autoworld performance kits in order to make them roadworthy, but I need a windshield for the Porche. Would this be hard to find on it's own? Anyone have a busted car body with a good windshield for sale?

Also, I posted a request in the B/S/T section looking for pre-A/FX Model Motoring track (gotta love those white lines down the center!). I'd love to try to re-build the set I had as a child. It was a set from Montgomery Ward that had metal loop-the-loop track pieces. I had a picture of the layout for the longest time but it's gotten lost since my family moved a couple years ago. I had so much fun with that set that, if I had all the pieces I could probably build it from memory!

Anyway, looking forward to learning from the experts.

Steve

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
:wave: Hi Steve, and welcome.

This boards BTS forum invariably produces good results.

The "Bay" can also provide for your track and accessory requirements. It should go without saying to be diligent in your interrogations regarding track. There's a lot of cracked, warped, rusty-crusty, stuff out there.

I've used "Chisoxmark" on many occasions for any track and accessory needs. Mark and Jenny have never let me down. Fast, friendly and no BS! There are others as well. It's just who I use.

For your 904 you'll have to find a donor cull and carve it out. Sometimes you'll get lucky and they pop right out. Junker 904's are fairly common and shouldn't be to hard to find. Ya never know, someone may cough one up in the BTS.

Good luck, Bill

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Welcome to the board. FYI, we hold a Chat session every Wednesday night starting at 8:00 CDT, some of the east coasters get on a little earlier some nights. Join in, always someone showing up. :thumbsup: rr

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Welcome to the board! Always great to see fresh faces logging in, keeps us older fellas alive with new ideas. You came to the best Ho board on the net for sharing of Information. Hope you stay and start joining us in chat as RR said!

Coach!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Give me a call sometime! I am usually up until 3am or so,and I live in northern Kentucky!As far as parts go,if I dont have it...they didnt make it.
Chris 859-356-1566

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. A couple members have stepped forward with offers of track for sale, which I've taken them up on. Also, I got to meet a fellow HT board member right here in town, Tom (aka ogarfield), who got my 1969 vintage Porche 904 and Dino Ferrarri Thunderjets running like brand new! He even supplied the missing glass for the Porche! Also ressurrected a couple Super G+ cars I picked up at a thrift store years ago.

Great to be here!

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts