Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL what would cause air to start comin out as soon as you turn on the compressor??? here is what happened. i have a badger renegade velocity. i got it out tonight found it all gunked up YES I KNOW MY FAULT anyway unscrewed the back , unscrewed the nut to get the needle out and the trigger came out at this point i thought i might as well clean the whole thing
because it was pretty gunked up . unscrewed what goes into the front body out came a screw a spring and the piece thar goes behind the trigger i think it is silver. unscrewed the front piece out came the tip cleaned up all the above mentioned parts put it back togerther. as soon as i put up any air the air starts comin out the tip ( WELL AT LEAST I KNOW IT IS CLEANED LOL ) and the trigger is not even pushed OK ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT ALSO i have a iwatta hpcs bottom feed airbrush that i use. what iwatta model what give me the same results as the renegade. the badger seems to clog a lot faster than the iwatta cant afford a micron just wondering what iwatta would compare with the badger THANKS

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
is the needle pushed all the way to the nozzle? The needle is what comes back out of the nozzle to allow the air to flow picking up paint along the way. Unscrew it a little and push the needle all the way forward and give it another try.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Make sure the "trigger" is all the way seated in the air inlet.If it is gummed up
and stuck in the down position it will allow air to come thru...just a thought.
Iwata BCS is a top feed air brush that may be what your looking for/

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as i know the trigger is down all the way when i pull the trigger back i can see the needle go into the body but i can just pull the trigger back it wont push down ?????

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok i took it apart once again and saw the little pin the trigger sits on put it back together turned up a little air without touching the trigger. air comes out when i pull the trigger back it sounds like a little air is coming up into the color cup?????? the needle is bent also would that be causeing the problem???????? i have a iwatta bcs whice is a bot feed i was looking for a iwatta that has a top cup like the badger THANKS

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
ohhh, air is coming out as you turn the air on without you doing anything to the airbrush...

That's a problem with your valve. Where the hose connects to the airbrush. (see attached)

Have you washed or cleaned your airbrush (the whole thing) in some kind of "hot" solvent? There are gaskets and spacers within the part (labeled as R-021 on the diagram) that can do funky things when exposed to solvents causing a whole host of problems including making the nozzle stuck in the open position. New ones don't cost that much.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes air is coming out without me doing anything to the air brush. as i turn the air up. how does that piece come out you highlighted ?? i did use windex and laquer thinner to clean up some of the mess i used it on a brush did not dunk any parts in anything THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY AND FOR THE DIAGRAM how do i get to the piece to replace it ?? THANKS AGAIN by the way i thought those pieces were supposed to be not harmed by solvents how do you think a iwatta hp b plus or hp c plus would compare to the badger THANKS AGAIN for the time

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
the whole hind end of the airbrush shouldn't ever need cleaning because it's aft of the paint and the paint moves forward.

The part unscrews from the airbrush body. Replacements can be purchased at hobby shops or on-line. Badger.com is a good place to start.

and it's a good idea to replace the needle it it's bent.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you have air backblowing into the paint cup, you have a clog still in the tip of the gun. The bent needle will definitely add to your woes! Take the entire tip apart and soak it in lacquer thinner. Jiggle the bottle around once in a while to free up loose paint particles. I use an old needle or a ream to clean it thoroughly as well.

OK, where EXACTLY is the air bleeding from? If it's at the line/gun connection, take apart and reseal with some pvc tape, tighten it good. If it's bleeding at the trigger, you may have lost the tiny seat ring that goes in there if there was one. Also make sure the outside main tip nozzle is secure, as it can bleed air around the perimeter of it as well. I use mostly Paasche guns, but I have an Iwata Eclipse as well. I have more trouble with the Iwata clogging than any of my guns. I've been using the Millenium edition Paasche's since they came out for the fine stuff, and my old reliable VL dual action for bigger stuff or the H on occasion. Keep your guns clean and they will last forever. I had my VL from college, almost 30 yrs. old! It still performs well!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I use several Badger brushes and like them a lot. Iwata does make good brushes but they are also extremely finicky, fussy. If you have probs with the Badger... the Iwata may be more of a hassle. Mine also are fussy with the air pressure used.

Currently I have a Badger 200 (new style) and Crescendo. I like them both a lot, although I prefer the 200 (classic style) although its more complicated, its a more versitile brush.

THe Paasche VL is good. I do not use one but sell them in my store.

Myself, I do not like any of the Aztek stuff... its cheap (quality not price) plastic crap IMHO. THey don't even have a real air valve inside... the trigger just squashes down on a piece of vinyl tubing inside!

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Hmm, which to choose? Eenie meeny miney mo...

I'll take that one. It's fiesty.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok guys i am about to give up i got it all back together and i put water in the cup and no air comes out and it bubbles in the cup i even put in a new needle and the tip was soaked and i cant see anything wrong with it WELL I GOT THE AIR TO STOP COMIN OUT BY ITSELF LOL

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME to reply i got ahold of a badger rep today it will be in the mail back to them on fri for service THANKS AGAIN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts