Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy a Competition Electronics about getting one repaired. He informed me that they will be working on a new one that can measure runup also. Does any body have any more info on the subject?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
rumor has it they are going to make an updated version on a limited run.... im sure it will depend on how well sales go.. at a retail over a grand, it better be good lol

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
they have always been that high in price... i belive they used tocost around 800 for the dyno.. then u need a 45 amp power supply to another 200+ ... it isnt cheap..

look at fantom.. all u get is a flywheel, reading box, and a disc... for about 600.. u still need a laptop. and a power supply or battery...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
On anything limited in production you are paying for setup costs, R&D costs and labor.
You figure in a year how many dyno's can a company sell in a market as small as ours.

I know the price is high but it is somewhat justified when you have high dollar, highly technical products to produce.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am not bashing anyone here but I work for a leading Circuit board builder and I know the circuit boards and components have not gone up in price for the last 10 to 15 years, in fact in many cases they have gone down. I just don't understand why a Dyno would cost close to a grand. I would think some electrical wiz could put one of these together and sale them for under $300.00. Someone should put togther a kit , give you the instructions and parts to build it and then we build it are self and save a ton of money. Just a Ideal.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Software programing..... anyone can build a PC for less than what you buy one for just by ordering the parts. But not just everyone can right the software to make it work properly... key word "properly". thats what you pay for...........

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Think about it this way guys. If retail is $1000 that means most likely it will sell for around $800. Most of us already have a car battery or a big enough ps to power it. Compared to buying a fantom, laptop, and car battery or 75 amp ps to run that thing it is comparible in price really. I guess I have quit crying about the cost of things because I wont quit the sport so I might as well go with the flow.

Rob @ Murdock R/C

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
I just talked to Jim at CE today. He said that they are looking at a year or two down the road before a new version of the TD 45 might be available. He also said that they would include GFX technology into it so it would display graphs and also have a data port to communicate with a PC. In addition, as you stated above, they would try to incorporate the feature of measuring spool up. Basically combining some of the features of a Fantom with the best features of a TD45.

He did say that he would not hold off buying a used dyno if you can get one cause this is just in the planning stages right now and would not happen immediately.

That's all the info I have.

Ray C

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Now the $645.00? and don't forget must have about $225.00 power supply. Is it worth that much difference in price?Let's get some honest opinon's on this. And Consider the new to be generation of motors will be Brushless. What benefit would it have with a brushless.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
there is no advantage with brushless and a dyno.....u cant dyno them...

i think brushless will grow, but i dont think it will take over... if it does it will be a while... there is to many smaller motor builders, that wiont let it happen...

oval especially.. we are alot nmore pickey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Admit it. I do.............We are always suckers for something new....be it with a lot of BLING or Blue or REd in it ...we will buy them. If Custom Works comes out with their new pan oval car tommorrow for $500.00. It will be sold out. If AE will come out wit TC4....it will not stay for long on the shelves of our LHS. If CE comes out with GFX Special Edition All lexan see-thru cases up to 65 amps discharge, single cell monitoring/cycling etc....I know I will buy it...LOL....thank god for credit card. :wave: :jest: :roll:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Ah...yeah you can dyno a brushless... you can on a TurboDyno... You have to include the controler in the test, but you can dyno a brushless...

and I still say if you think brushless will be a way to level the playing field, then you'd better think again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
DynoMoHum said:
Ah...
and I still say if you think brushless will be a way to level the playing field, then you'd better think again.
Yap...somebody will come up with something to UN-LEVEL it...lol It always happen....... :devil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts