Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I think it may be at the show in Vegas. October? November? Can't
remember when it was last year. Anyway, if Dave sees this thread he will
answer you for sure.

James (who would like to see a couple more 1/1000th ships - ;) ) :)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks Dave!

......gee I sure hope the Disney Nautilus and TOS Shuttle craft are BIG kits!;)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,223 Posts
Don't beat around the bush, Flukey, tell us what ya want.
(me? 1/350 TOS E, 1/1000 1701-D, 1/24 TOS shuttle. Thanks for asking :))

·
Starship Class
11,829 Posts
^^ The last two I could stand, hopefully with the D accurized a wee bit and options for the 3 nacelled version.

I hope someone will DESTROY the molds to the cutaway!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,223 Posts
Steve CultTVman Iverson said:
I somehow expect we'll see reissued Cutaway Enterprise, Enterprise D, Deep Space 9.

Hope I am wrong.

Steve
Oh, God help us.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve CultTVman Iverson
I somehow expect we'll see reissued Cutaway Enterprise, Enterprise D, Deep Space 9.

Hope I am wrong.

Steve
and JohnP:
Oh, God help us.

You Guy's Didn't like Ertl's Ent. D ? I've herd the "Cutaway was Bad but what's amatter with the "D"? just curious
JOHN/LONFAN

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
There are a handful of kits I'd like to see, but there are two essential ones I'm longing for. Eventually I want to see a gorgeous 1/350 scale TOS Enterprise. But for the more immediate future I want very very much to see a 1/24 scale TOS Galileo shuttlecraft, preferably done along the lines of Phil Broad's and FourMadMen's work on the vehicle. Either way if Thomas Sasser is involved then I'm sure it'll be great.

:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
The cutaway, with a lot of effort, gives a pretty good representation of the grey lady. Much better than the 18" in fit and accuracy. Still I hope PL does some new kit as well as reissue some old ones. Some of those old kits are ridiculously priced now on eBay. Especially the Leif Erickson ship/SpockSnake/ and Galileo. Difficult for people (like me) who just want to build, and are not in it for it's "collectibility".!!!

·
Insane Multitasker
209 Posts
If we are getting a 1/350 Ent maybe they could do a 1/350 for each of the letters? Wouldn't that be nice to have the same scale and detail for all the different E's

·
Oxidation Genius
31,223 Posts
JerseyPhoenix said:
If we are getting a 1/350 Ent maybe they could do a 1/350 for each of the letters? Wouldn't that be nice to have the same scale and detail for all the different E's
I guess you weren't around for the size duscussion a few months ago, eh? :)
The 1701-D would be 6 feet long by 5 feet wide; the 1701-E longer. betcha we won't be seeing a plastic model of them in our lifetimes. :)

lonfan said:
You Guy's Didn't like Ertl's Ent. D ?
I LOVE the Ertl 1701-D! I have ten of them.
I'd rather not see RC2 hijack the PL name to reissue Ertl kits; I'd rather see PL issue NEW kits - like a more-accurate 1701-D in 1/1000 (25").

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
JerseyPhoenix said:
The thing is not all the suffixed E's would really be marketable. Beyond the original and refit "A and TNG "D" I don't see a truly viable market for the others.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The ONLY Ertl trek kits I'd like to see reissued are the 2500 scales, and the 1400 scale Ent. C and Ent. E.

Other than that I want a 350 scale TOS Enterprise, 1000 scale Ent. A, Ent. C, Ent. D and Ent. E. I'd also like to see a 350 scale K'tiinga with parts to make either a ST:1 version or a ST:6 Kronos 1.

·
Insane Multitasker
209 Posts
John,

I didn't say it was plausible. But I still would like to see a 1/350 Ent-D.

However, my mother once told me that "the only way to get something done in life is through persistance..." so I'm hoping that maybe my continual request for the E's in 1/350 will get answered. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
OK, I'll chime in and say in the snap scale, I'd like a 1/1000 Refit, of course, and a 1/1000 NX. A 1/1000 model with the options for both versions of Excelsior or the Enterprise-B would be very nice, though after that we're getting into big kits.

And when we go for big kits, I REALLY want a 1/350 TOS Enterprise!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think we should make "Disseminator of Flawed Information, Self-appointed Expert" or "DFI SAE" ;) a recognized professional designation around here!

We coudl even print it on T-shirts.

Huzz, DFI, SAE

1 - 20 of 74 Posts