Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I last posted. So, here goes: I see on Ebay, people listing the new 2013 Super Treasure hunts with no explanation of what it takes to be a Treasure Hunt or better yet a Super. I have found a couple that on Ebay are listed as TH's: one is a Bread Box, 41/250. The other is a 72 Ford Gran Torino Sport 242/250, I do not know what makes them special, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hi Dan. The Bread Box has a small flame logo in the side of it and some writing on the card behind the truck you have to look hard to see that says it is a "hard to find" vehicle. The Grand Torino $uper is a little different color from its regular issue counterpart and has real rider rubber tires on it. HW has done away with the green stripe Treasure Hunts and now has hidden regular Treasure Hunts as well as hidden $uper Treasure Hunts.

Hope this helps. You just have to be more diligent now.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Dan. The Bread Box has a small flame logo in the side of it and some writing on the card behind the truck you have to look hard to see that says it is a "hard to find" vehicle. The Grand Torino is a little different color from its regular issue counterpart and has real rider rubber tires on it. HW has done away with the green stripe Treasure Hunts and now has hidden regular Treasure Hunts as well as hidden Treasure Hunts.

Hope this helps. You just have to be more diligent now.
Dan, As Vince said you have to be more diligent. Also on the Supers look at the Card Art. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I last posted. So, here goes: I see on Ebay, people listing the new 2013 Super Treasure hunts with no explanation of what it takes to be a Treasure Hunt or better yet a Super. I have found a couple that on Ebay are listed as TH's: one is a Bread Box, 41/250. The other is a 72 Ford Gran Torino Sport 242/250, I do not know what makes them special, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.
ALSO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!
2013 green striped cards are NOT NOT NOT TREASURE HUNTS!!!

they are now part of a regular series called "imagination"

·
Registered
98 Posts
They would certainly take some spotting this year if you dont know the models! The guys from Indonesia who have been listing loose supers for weeks certainly help in that you know exactly what cars to look for when they hit the shelves.

The flame logos are small but quite visible on the regular TH's but again a quick search on ebay will show you what models to keep an eye out for. Ive found a couple of bread boxes and a couple of carbonators without too much difficulty so far but sadly no supers as yet :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts