Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I sure like the new slash 4wd. It would be nice if it was out before the holidays. Wonder what the price is gonna be? Either way, it looks slick.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's been a while since traxxas designed a completely new chassis... the core trucks were all based off the rustler/stampede/revo, the mini's where revos, but now this... a start-from-scratch design with a shaft drive. How long has it been since the revo chassis was designed? I believe that was the previous start-from-scratch chassis... Good job traxxas on building a completely new truck!

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Correct this is an entirely new truck that will be awesome. Comes standard with the Venlineon brushless system, Traxxas 2.4 Ghz radio, RTR, and includes a 7 cell NIMH batt.

I will be taking the body off and the body mounts and putting on a 1/8th scale buggy body. I want to run this with a 3 cell lipo against nitro 1/8th buggies at local track. I will need 17 mm adapters and 1/8th scale wheels and tires to complete the package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
me and a friend would like to come check out this new carpet track, i have a ae sc10 and hes thinking about it. any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
69 Posts
Traxxas makes great products! They're not necessarily competitive, but they're super durable, upgradeable, fast, user friendly, simple, affordable, and traxxas has great costumer support. There's always things that could be better, but I really like them. I'm excited about the 4x4 brushless 2.4 truck! woot!

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
You have to give it to Traxxas, they have their marketing perfected. They could have come out with a Slash 4x4 a year ago using the Slayer as a base. But they waited until other companies came up with competition for the Slash before introducing the Slash 4x4 putting the competition 2 years behind again. Brilliant!

·
Registered
105 Posts
the slash 4x4 is cool and looks to be alot of fun i just hope it dont kill off the slash 2 wheel drive class at the tracks i for one would hate to see a prefectly good truck setting on a shelve because nobody runs the class anymore

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Correct this is an entirely new truck that will be awesome. Comes standard with the Venlineon brushless system, Traxxas 2.4 Ghz radio, RTR, and includes a 7 cell NIMH batt.

I will be taking the body off and the body mounts and putting on a 1/8th scale buggy body. I want to run this with a 3 cell lipo against nitro 1/8th buggies at local track. I will need 17 mm adapters and 1/8th scale wheels and tires to complete the package.
No offense, but you'll get whipped.

·
Registered
304 Posts
not really . he did not say what motor and ecs, he was running, all he said was he was going to pulled the body off. i seen elc cars place in the top 3 and take frist in a gas class

1 - 20 of 26 Posts