Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a new thread on this subject. The track will be located in the Ashtabula county fairgrounds in Jefferson. Will be run by Ryan Goff the same guy that ran Pierpont. Track will be aprox. 50x100ft with the building being 60x200. Ample pit space with concrete floor. Electric racing on Tues. nights and Saturdays and possibly nitro on Sundays. Tenative start date will be Oct.16th.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If he doesn't have heat, i'll have to go to McCulloughs, i'm sure he'll have heat. Man that just gets funnier. I'm just messin with you Ryan,I'll be doin my racin in Columbus.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dietz, You sure are being tough on Ryan. I have never seen this side of you before. You must be hanging around Thomas too much.

I do not think I will be racing this week either. The forecast is for rain and The Canfield Swap Meet.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Oct 16 start date. Only five weeks away and a new track to experiment with. The track should be fantastic this year with the added space. If I know Ryan he'll keep the track changed up and experiment with some nice layouts to make everyone work for the win.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hey guys, its official. We will be open on the 16th for electric racing. I will have the doors open at 9am, racing at noon. If we get good turnouts, we may have to start earlier. Nitro racing on sundays will start at 10am with the doors open at 8. If we get enough interest in nitro we'll keep it going, if not we won't.

Hey Kridler, I understand you made a trip to Jefferson to find the place. You should have posted that you were coming up, I could have met you over there and showed you around. Hope you didn't have a hard time finding it. The address is 127 N. Elm st. Jefferson OH 44047. I havent checked to see how good the directions are on mapquest yet. If you guys have any questions, Post them here, or email me [email protected] I'll check my comp everyother day or so.

·
Registered
620 Posts
as you can see from THIS MAP if you follow 46 south from route 11 down to either E. Ashtabula St. or Walnut st. and then head west you will see a small pushpin on N. Elm street designating the "approximate" location of the track per the address and Streets and Trips mapping program.

If anyone want's I'd be happy to post directions from whatever location you wish.

emod, perhaps you can verify the proper placement of the pushpin. I can always manually put it somewhere.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Emod, I found the place no problem. Just went up Rt.11 and followed the signs for the fairgrounds. Looking forward to the 16th.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Need some input guys. Last year my boy and I only raced 1/10 stock truck class. This year we're considering running another class. What kind of turn out was there for 2WD buggy last season? My son is not a great driver and from what I've seen the 4WD class was very competitive and I'm unsure if they want a young kid in the class. I'm thinking about picking him up a 2WD buggy but I want to make sure there is a decent amount of people running it.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hey Ryan! If you could change your map a bit. The pin needs to be moved to the west end of ashtabula st. We will have to enter from Poplar St. when the snow starts to fly though. As for buying a buggy, it's a tough choice. 2wd drive is VERY competitive. Then again 4wd is crazy. I'm not sure. Both classes look to be quite large this year.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hey guys! Looks like another great season right around the corner! We have moved to the Ashtabula County Fairgrounds. The address is 127 N. Elm St. Jefferson OH 44047. We will be racing in the MAC building. I expect to have signs posted so you can easily find the building once inside the fairgrounds.
The name will be Ashtabula R/C Speedway. We will be open sat.Oct. 16th for electric only. Doors open at 9am, racing at noon. Sun Oct. 17th will be nitro racing only. Doors open at 8am racing at 10am. Tuesday Oct. 19th will be electric only, with the doors open at 5pm, racing at 6pm. There is not another nitro night as of yet.
Nitro will be ran on sundays for 4 weeks. At the end of the trial period we will decide if nitro will stay or not.
The track will be approximately 50x100 with a clay suface and hope it to be similar to last year. We will be using an AMB lap counter this year so that personal transponders can be used. We will once again have food and drinks available. I also expect to have parts available.
I will keep everyone posted as more information comes available. Feel free to email me with any questions at [email protected].

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hey Dietz, Jojo fry says he'll spank you! That's why you want to race somewhere else. Don't be scared, we can let you win sometimes. That way you'll come back!

1 - 20 of 543 Posts