Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mario, it is flat, not sure of the run line. A friend of mine is going there to give it a try this weekend, I'll let you know what he says about it. We have a track up here in jamestown now if your interested in coming up and checking it out. 163 ft. run line flat oval. Pete was here last week and loved it. How has the classic turn out been? Have you guys been running mod? e-mail me sometime [email protected]. Later.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Jeff,

The crowd is starting to get bigger as the weather starts to get colder. Racing has been good! I went 64 flat last Saturday and was one of the fastest runs this year on Jack the gripper. Ask Pete, Paragon is easily faster than Jack, but we had fun! Pete ran Paragon and went 65 flat no problem. Then in the main he went a 64 4:03 or 4:02 I think? With Jack the gripper. Paragon is more than a lap faster!

The track has finally gotten some grip in it and the mods hook up no problem. Come down and try it out, we are having the Hang over race the Saturday after the first and should be a big race!

See ya.
Mario........

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm planning on making it down for the hangover and the race in march. I am going to try and make the roar and arcor nationals, but am not sure how well thats going to over over wife the wife. I just got back into weekly racing, and she's been ok with that I just don't want to push my luck. Pate was about 2 laps faster than us in 19 turn up here, but I had the wrong tires on and my car was a pile. Once I get the handle on it it will be a different story.

I used you and Frank as references on a sponsorship application. I hope you guys don't mind? I asked Eric Hutkay to as you guys this weekend but since I am on here now I might as well do it.

I am running the new paragon stuff and deffinately think it's faster. I ran my old standard flat track set-up last week, and the compound grips so well the car pushed horrible, and I couldn't get it to loosen up untill the main, when I went to far and was sliding all over. Next weekend I might run out to this track in erie since it's only 45 mins away, I'll let you know how it goes. Tell everyone I said hello, later.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Jeff,

If I can help with anything you know I will! Goodluck with the sponsorship and glad to hear you used me for a reference! I will say good things about you cause they are all true!!

Let me know how the track is I wanna try it out someday and race with you guys!

Yeah paragon is faster but if you can get jack the gripper to work Im sure it will work fine as well, Nice run to Pete! He is always fast and worthy of some competition!

I wont be around for a week or so, Im headed to Florida to see me Dad for the week, So if you want gimmy a call, 440-228-3095 or I will see ya soon in the future!

Take care! Mario....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mario, I talked to a friend who has ran there, and these were his responses.

1.) good size, not huge, but comfortable. probably 130-140 run line with wide corners.

2.) no drivers stand.

3.) there is no sub floor under the track, so there are some pretty un-even places, dips, and bumps that seem to upset the car pretty good.

4.) not enough pit spaces for a larger turnout.

5.) they run nitro cars indoors also, but there is no sound deadening material, so if there is one running in the building it is really loud.

Overall the track has potential, but it needs some work before it is race ready.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts