Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes thats right, we are getting a new Hobby shop and race track. This is very good news for use in southeastern Ohio and northern Kentucky. We oval racers in the area just lost our local track due to lack of support(they went to all on-road racing) at Ultra. So oval racers in the area be sure to come and check out this new track and support it if you want a local place to race. It will be World of Hobbies and Games right off 275 on Mosteller road just in front of MicroCenter the area's largest computer store. The track is 50 by 80 flat track with the newest rubber back ozite. Carpet is down and the owner Tom ______ is stocking the store now. Shop will open next friday for business. Organized racing will start in October. I am going by tomorrow to take some pictures.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thats GREAT!!!!
Cant wait to check it out. Easy location to get too, right off
major highways. (I275-I75)
You can count me in. I'll have to put my oval back together.
Kevin J.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
John,
Good news for you guys in that area.

So will the runline be about 150-165 ft range?

Keep us posted if they have any big races there.

Eric H.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
john....quick service on the driver's stand before the tone? :tongue:
looking good...wonder what the wife would think of saturday,sunday doubleheaders? i think i know. can't wait to check it out. aren't all those boards in the middle gonna get in recio's way?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is great that there will be someplace to race oval. Stop by last night just to see things and it looks like an awesome place. Let's support this new shop and track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that World of Hobbies and Games is now open over by the Mirco Center. I was told that oval racing will be on Sundays starting in October. This track looks awesome so get those over cars ready.

Casey

·
Registered
10 Posts
World of Hobbies & Game - 2004 Winter Indoor Carpet Racing!!!

If any of you local tri-state oval enthusiast’s and racers have not gotten a chance to check out the newly built ozite indoor race venue & Hobby Shop, I strongly suggest taking some time and stopping in at The World of Hobbies and Game located directly adjacent to MicroCenter Mall off of I-275 in Cincinnati.

The owners and everyone else involved, Mr. Foister from BSR included, have done a tremendous amount of work to get this shop and track up and running, and from what I have seen thus far, they have done more than a phenomenal job. The track and shop just look absolutely amazing, and I personally am excited and over-anxious to start turning some laps with all of you this winter!

I know I probably speak for a lot of us when I say that we certainly appreciate this new track in Cincinnati, and that I am sure all of us can't wait to get this winter carpet season started! Many thanks to the owners, and workers for sharing the same passion for RC racing as the rest of us, for their hard work and dedication to the sport, and for providing all of us racers and non-racers, beginner to pro alike, with a kick-butt venue to start of the winter indoor season.

Grab your gear and come on down to the largest ozite track in the City, and lets start turning some laps, and trading some paint! :)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts