Hobbyist Forums banner

NEW TOOL - 1:64 1966-77 Ford Bronco

4K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Bronco guy 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon HobbyTalk members.

Here are some raw images of one of our new 1:64 scale tools for late 2012 - the 1:64 1966-77 Ford Bronco. These are straight from one of our factories and the first round of Bronco mock-ups, so by the nature of mold development for vehicles that don't have CAD available, a little rough; however, we want to give you guys a quick look at one of the things we've got in the pipeline for the 1:64 GreenLight Collectibles product lines!

Enjoy.

Sincerely,

Russell Hughes
GreenLight Collectibles
President

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Cool - I'll be buying this one for sure! :thumbsup:

Hoping Greenlight can consider doing a 1973-1978 Chevy K5 Blazer / GMC Jimmy someday too as it would complement the existing Ramcharger/Trail Duster and this new Bronco tooling quite nicely!

Thanks for the sneak peek Russell! :wave:

#7 ·
Jeez!

Russell, I really have to thank you for showing us what you've been working on. This one looks like it must have been fun from it's inception until now!

I see markings of the factory cut-down doors. Hopefully that'll come to fruition as an option on some releases. It's such a great look that Ford did on the first Broncos.

I also have to say, at least from these pix, that is looks absolutely perfect so far. The proportions and crisp lines looks like it should make for a very realistic model, and see no reason why it shouldn't sell like mAd!i!i!

Keep up the top-level crastmanship,
Dave/Dept. LMX

#11 ·
Wow that's really awesome, especially since no other company has made that casting. Wait a minute, oh that's right, basically every other diecast manufacturer has made this model Bronco. Thank goodness you didn't make a 79 model Bronco or a 73-91 Blazer/Jimmy because that would be a new casting and we would rather just keep seeing the same old stuff. What do you guys have planned for your next new tool a 67 firebird or a 65 Mustang. Really good work on this one guys. Can't wait for your next casting that I already have several of already in Johnny Lightning, M2 and Hot Wheels.

#12 ·
I didn't want to mention JLs Bronco in my post because it would again look like I was again trying to be negative on GL. However, since it's come up: JL's Bronco is nice enough, especially when it has correct wheels. GL's looks good but yes, did we need another when there are so many models not yet modelled?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.