Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked these up today -

- but once I got them home and released I wondered why. None of them really do anything for me. Maybe the Firebird but otherwise - meh! Guess that happens sometimes.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I hate that, when you see a car in the store and it looks all great in hand inside the box or blister pack and then you get home and think WTH was I thinking :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Picked these up today -

- but once I got them home and released I wondered why. None of them really do anything for me. Maybe the Firebird but otherwise - meh! Guess that happens sometimes.
I hear ya man I have at least 8 large boxes full of ( MEH ). Yard Sale !!!!!

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
It's that charge you get when you see something new, also known as Mainlineitis. It occurs most often when the subject is bored. Newer collectors get it bad, though in time it becomes easier to recognize the symptoms of Mainlineitis and put the stuff back on the peg... An inexpensive remedy is to go home and play with your toys, a cold shower may also help.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's that charge you get when you see something new, also known as Mainlineitis. It occurs most often when the subject is bored. Newer collectors get it bad, though in time it becomes easier to recognize the symptoms of Mainlineitis and put the stuff back on the peg... An inexpensive remedy is to go home and play with your toys, a cold shower may also help.
Yeah, I thought I had pretty well beat that malady. I have put so many HWs back on the pegs over the last few weeks it was almost a crime. I guess today I had a relapse? :confused:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm................ The cold shower does not help. And I seem to be having withdrawal's when I cannot find something new.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When, once more, I couldn't find anything new on the pegs today I think I actually cast a longing eye towards Barbie's pink 'vette. :jest:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Firebirds are never "meh" in my book!

I've had that silver Aventador in my hands a couple times, but I always leave them behind. I already have the orange one and when it comes to Lamborghinis, I like collecting them but I don't really need more than one example of each casting.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts

:lol::lol:

Exactly! Man I had it bad a few years ago. I would have bought the combat medic. The only mainlines I will get are castings I collect and any that are all metal. (Base & Body) for customs.

I find opening a HTF convention car or something usually calms my mainlineitis. :tongue::tongue::wave:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

I know that sickness. I'm better though, I had 10 mainlines in my hand the other day just because they were new. I looked them over and put them all back. During that day's hunt, I found the new M2 blue '71 Charger Super Bee and the Sublime '71 'Cuda. I'm doing better on going for quality over quantity, I'm much happier with them 2 M2's than I would be had I bought those 10 mainline HWs. Unfortunately, someone got the orange Camaro before I got there, the hunt is still on for that one! lol

That's not to say I don't buy mainlines at all anymore, I do sometimes but it's gotten rare. I definitely find myself getting more out of 1 M2 or 1 GL than 5 mainline HW's these days.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have bought em all mainlines, chases, Maisto Franklin Mint, Danbury, CMC Precision miniatures etc.. If I see something I really like in any scale and can afford it I will try to buy it. I lean more toward 1 64th scale which keeps me on budget and I'm able to get more of what a like.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I have zamac in my veins!

Recently, I almost pulled the trigger on that Combat Medic - came real close! But then I remembered the mantra of my diecast addicts anonymous support group: "You don't need another version of that casting!" I stayed strong and put it back on the peg - and then wiped the cold sweat from my brow. I am proud that I did not submit to THE FORCE!

Oooooooh!!! Lookit that purdy Challenger!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
You know what doesn't help the cause - are the mail-in cars!

I just hit TRU for their newest cases and almost hit my 20 car mark :pUKE:

·
Registered
759 Posts
I spotted the Combat Medic on the pegs and took a good long look at it, but left it behind. I already have enough examples and I'd rather put the cash towards one of the older blackwall releases I don't have, such as a Letter Getter or the Wonder/Hostess delivery truck that was a part of my childhood collection.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts