Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and have been collecting hotwheels since I was a kid. I stopped for awhile and have just started back up. I used to collect every car I could get my hands on, however now that a wife is in the equation I am only limiting myself to those cars I feel are special. I do have a question though, what is the best way to find treasure hunts and super treasure hunts. I have been to several stores for several months now have come across only one treasure hunt. Is there a certain time of the week or day to go to the stores than others? Also do store employees let customers open boxes from the stock room? I know you can buy them on ebay but I feel its more fun and special to find them in the store, I guess its the fun of the "hunt".

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I guess you know the $uper THs and THs no longer have green stripes. The THs just started with no Green and the $ has finished it's first year with no Green.
Mainlines will have green stripes now.
Rarely will they let you open a case. As for when they are stocked varies from store to store as far as I know.

Welcome to HT.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The fun of the hunt should be from cars that are fun to hunt or find. In my opinion T.H.s are not that car. All they have brought to the hobby are bitter,angry, fed up, and disgusted collectors. The best time to find them are before the scalpers, hoarders, or employees (I think they're the same person)get them.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
(what is the best way to find treasure hunts and super treasure hunts)

if this is what you think collecting is than you need to rethink what you want.collect what you like and do'nt worry about chase pieces or just get out now because you will burn out and have wasted your time and money.
i know this might come off as harsh but every newbie that comes on any message board and asks this question 99.5% of the time burns out with in a few yrs and than posts their collection which has maybe a small hand full of hunts and a tote full of mainlines forsale.
hopefuly you buy things that make you happy and get a great collection started but do not get over come by having to get the newest and latest super special car and than be dumb enough to buy it at a bloated price.enjoy this hobby and you will last.be driven to find only the chase and you will burn out and jaded.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and have been collecting hotwheels since I was a kid. I stopped for awhile and have just started back up. I used to collect every car I could get my hands on, however now that a wife is in the equation I am only limiting myself to those cars I feel are special. I do have a question though, what is the best way to find treasure hunts and super treasure hunts. I have been to several stores for several months now have come across only one treasure hunt. Is there a certain time of the week or day to go to the stores than others? Also do store employees let customers open boxes from the stock room? I know you can buy them on ebay but I feel its more fun and special to find them in the store, I guess its the fun of the "hunt".
Welcome to the board

If Treasure Hunts are what you are after, my suggestion is start now in scooping up everything that is old as you will not be paying a premium price for the Cars as they are not new or Hot anymore and can be bought for $3-5 after 1997 for the older ones depending on what type of car it is and for the newer Regulars they can be found for $2-3 and the $upers you can picked up for $15 to $25 to $40 depending on again what type of car it is.... I know many people who only collect Treasure Hunts and that's it. They do not look at any common mainline HWs as they tell me they want a small collection.

If its not THs you think you want to collect, then buy what you think you will enjoy for years to come. Buy what makes you happy :p

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Welcome to hobbytalk.com. Collect what you like.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts