Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
local raceway is racing classes and they say this is the easiest to get into

17.5 Spec Truck - Spec Tires / No Timing Speedo / 17.5 Motor / 5000mah Battery

what do i need to start in this class break down of where to start car motor and battery would be nice thank you :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
You are going to get a lot of different answers to your question, the number one thing is how much money do you want to spend? For me, I was new to carpet racing last year and chose to buy a couple of used KSG Gen2 chassis's, a used Novak Havoc 1S ESC and a used Novak 17.5SS motor, around here you have to run a spec battery in the truck class, you will even find the tires you need used but in very useable condition. All of these items were bought off of this forum for a very reasonable price, my suggestion to you is check with the track you are going to run and see what the other racers are using, you will find that most everybody will be very helpful in answering your questions.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You are going to get a lot of different answers to your question, the number one thing is how much money do you want to spend? For me, I was new to carpet racing last year and chose to buy a couple of used KSG Gen2 chassis's, a used Novak Havoc 1S ESC and a used Novak 17.5SS motor, around here you have to run a spec battery in the truck class, you will even find the tires you need used but in very useable condition. All of these items were bought off of this forum for a very reasonable price, my suggestion to you is check with the track you are going to run and see what the other racers are using, you will find that most everybody will be very helpful in answering your questions.
find the fast guy and ask him lots of question and tell him your budget if hes nice he will give some good advice...and what the man say's here is true some good use parts from this forum will go a long way:thumbsup:
Danny Flag/72

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah will do got my starter car they run the 18 scale late model there so i got one to test the water and kinda goof around so ill start asking guys and looking into it

·
Registered
487 Posts
Come on down and ask anyone for help. Everyone at our track is more than helpful and will get you going in the right direction and we all usually have more than enough stuff to get someone going for the right price. I'm there every week and just come up and start asking. I will do my best always to help out. See ya at the track!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts