1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Listing says shipping is $9. A little excessive (probably), but he can legitimately say you knew about the costs when you bid. What will be interesting to see, when they arrive on your doorstep, is how much he actually paid to ship the items.

·
Top Squid
393 Posts
A lot of sellers use high shipping to lower starting bids on their ebay auctions. It saves on ebay fees. It is his right to charge anything he wants for shipping (and handling) as long as he states the cost in his auction. I don't figure he will spend $9.00 to ship them, but he probably paid about $3 a car for these and is just trying to get some of his money back.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It might cost him 6.00 to send priority mail. If he prints his shipping labels online you wont know how much he paid as the postage isnt displayed.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Also, he may be using the $9.95 flat rate box. Shipping has gotten pretty expensive the last couple of years. I know i have been shocked at some of the pricing when I have shipped items. If the cars are in the package, it might be about right for priority. If they are loose, sound a little high. I try to stay away from ebay for this very reason.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Typically, a seller will charge around 5 bucks to ship one car (in package) and then charge 50 cents to a buck for each additional car. With that in mind, 9 bucks is about right.
But swagfu described the scenario just right. Shipping rates have increased substantially.
So, you paid $2.34 per vehicle without leaving the house. I'd say that's a good deal.;) ...and they have metal bases!!!:p

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS!!! You guys are more than helpfull as always!!!!
And yeah Mark, I figured Istill made out allright in the end.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just paid $8.20 to ship 7+ loose cars off this site, so thats not too shabby for shipping.
You gotta remember that the shipping price also can include packaging materials, gas and time to the Post Office, ect. None of that is free, and some people charge for it.
What I do on Ebay is find a vehicle/item I like, make sure the seller will combine shipping, then look for other items he has ending around the same time period. The more I win from that seller, the less I pay (overall) in shipping.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That Shipping Price Is About Right . Sometimes As A Seller On Ebay You Have To Eat Shipping Costs Just To Make A Sale. The Ebay Fees Kick You Hard, And Shipping 5 Jl Cars Can Run About 9.00 Easily. He Did The Right Thing, And Like Frank Said He Is Losing Money , And Just Trying To Get Some Money Back On Those Cars Anyways.

Just My Two Cents.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I always add the price of shipping to any cars I buy into the total price I'll pay. Might be a good deal on the cars but if shipping is to high I walk away. Like Mark said, even with shipping you got a good deal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
YOUR RIGHT UNTIL $3.00 FOR EACH 1/64 SCALE IS REASONABLE
PER CARS WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOUSE. I'D SAY THAT'S A EXCELLENT DEAL, THEY ARRIVE ON YOUR DOORSTEP ..SAVE TIME.GAS,TRAFFIC..+:wave:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Doesnt help that some postage rates are going up this week - again !!
Not sure how heavy 5 JL military vehicles are .. But if the package weighs over 1.5 lbs , shipping will be close to $10 depending on far away the shipper is from you ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts