Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the subject says, im completely new to 19Turn. I've only run stock up to this point.

As far as timing goes, does everyone pretty much leave it all the way cranked? What brush/spring combo's seem to work? Does timing increase counterclockwise? Are people slotting the brushes, shaving trailing edges?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
19 turn

What type of 19 turn motor are u running???

seadooo21 said:
Just as the subject says, im completely new to 19Turn. I've only run stock up to this point.

As far as timing goes, does everyone pretty much leave it all the way cranked? What brush/spring combo's seem to work? Does timing increase counterclockwise? Are people slotting the brushes, shaving trailing edges?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
well......Most guys crank it to 36 Deg..........Some go to 24 Deg. but go up 2 pinions...
to compensate...As far as brushes and Springs......Ask 10 different racers you will get 8 different responses.......I usually run 4383 brushes and 2 purple springs.........I run Kisbey Motors.....
If you have a turbo 30..turbo 35.....at 2 volts at 36 deg....as a rule I look for about 10.5 amp draw with a break in fan......That is a good motor...10.0 - 10.5 is a decent motor.......anything over 10.5 is a real good motor......
Im sure others will post different suggestions but from someone who has been playing with 19T for approx.2 years...this is what works best for me so far....I have never tried anything to the brushes.......DOnt know anyhting about that.........Have fun

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Just wondering how exactly you can tell what a good motor is just by the no load (other than fan) amp draw is? You say that one over 10.5 is real good...I had one that drew 15A but it sucked on the track because the cause of the high draw was a seized bearing.

RC

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
you need to take better care of your bearing tan man he he he

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
well...in a way your right....but this is to be used as a guide...If your motor is pulling 15 amps...something is wrong On the same note.....I have never seen a good motor on the track that pulled 6 amps.......So as a starting rule a good 19T will usually pull between 10 and 11 amps.....at 36 Deg. at 2 volts....this is for those who dont own dyno's........

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
may be a stupid question, but are there different types of 19T motors? or just different tuners winding the arms? Are they all based on the same can? im clueless here. also, which way increases timing?

what is done about adjusting rollout? how does it compare to stock?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
If you are looking directly at the endbell you will need to turn it counterclockwise to increase the timing. There are a number of different winders out there that wind arms from EPIC, Yokomo, & Top, & then there are a few different can options with each OEM. You also have the option of thin & thick web blanks. ARCOR & ROAR rules are pretty much the same now except that ROAR allow's quad magnet cans. I have had real good luck with Bulit brushes & Purple Power drops. For springs you will have to play with it a little but you will most likely end up on a compination of purple and/or red springs. Some tracks you can actually run less timing & be just as fast or even faster. Small tight tracks where you don't carry as much speed through the corners you pretty much have to run 36* because you need that rip out of the corners. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts